Thread: Waxworks

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Waxworks

I've been looking through my copy of Waxworks and noticed that it has a copyright to Mike Woodroffe for 1984 and 1992. So I've been trying to find out about the 1984 (c) and found some interesting (to me anyway) stuff. The first is a website dedicated to Horror Soft here and the second is a developer bio for Mike Woodroffe here. However i still can't find out why the early copyright. I've even tried looking into Woodroffes first company Adventure International UK and whilst it was fun looking at those old adventure games i'm still stuck. Anyone got any clue?
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could that be the copyright of the developer, rather than the game? When was the development company created? Other than that the only thing i can thing of is the 1984 was in the middle of the 8-bit era and Waxworks could be using intellectual property from one of their previous 8-bit titles.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what i can tell the development company (Horrorsoft) was created in 1988. As for an older 8 bit version i can't find one. Tell a lie i've just found a game by Brian Howarth for C64, C+4, BBC and Spectrum. Brian Howarth later joined Adventure International UK which then became Horrorsoft which then became Adventuresoft. Mystery solved. You can find anything on the internet these days.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apart from the copyright statistics, Waxworks is a great horror adventure/rpg game. It's really brilliant.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]