Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In German? You need to play it again in English as the voice acting was by Chris Barrie (Rimmer from Red Dwarf). I can't imagine other language versions doing his acting justice.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The german voices were quite good, haven't heard the english ones yet. But I know Rimmer

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im going to say police quest was my favourite adventure games. I love adventure games but Police quest is the only one i actually finished on my own. There were so many things about that games i enjoyed, it had some great humour as well.

Thats my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Quote Originally Posted by burns flipper View Post
    Why was the dead body of Anita found piled in a closet under the garden shed? Lord knows.

CodeName Hell Squad was good, played that on the emu.
    You mean her body in the locker of the radiation suits right?
    I guess Lamb wanted to hide her body, she might not have any status but the fact that people can die near the reactor of radiation poisoning isn't good advertisement.
    Yes, there was never any explanation - one minute she's walking around at work, next she's dead and hidden in a locker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Still need to CodeName Hell Squad, Wasted Dreams.
    Both very good games, lots of fun. I played both about a year or two ago, to completion.

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really really really love all the Monkey Island but i especially remember a game named "Bargon attack", I completed it in a week-end and i remember it as one of the best week-ends ever...

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Saw this thread and just had to pipe up ! It was Simon the Sorceror for me. Played Future Wars but got stuck on an anoying bit with Monks walking in a square, never did get passed that point, good game though. Also liked a game called Innocent Until Caught, although it got panned at the time !

I have a great story about Innocent Until Caught. I had a friend, he was a bit weird, and he wanted to borrow it so I went round at 10 one Sunday morning with it. He wanted to play it straightaway, so I put it on and started playing, and when I handed him the mouse, he wanted me to do it. He liked to watch.

So I spent the entire day playing the game in front of him, since I'd already completed it myself, and finished at 9pm. He then made me watch the concert video I'd brought round, and it was 10 pm before I was able to escape.

That was a whole 12 HOURS OF WEIRDNESS.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Zoolbaby

I remember the place with the monks walking in a square, when they saw you, they followed you and the game was over. And there are some places where you are stuck and can't get an item, because you're not standing on the exact spot, which could be 1 pixel, very annoying. If you want to see the end, you can have a look at the screenshots at the main page here.

And btw, Simon the Sorceror is awesome, I still prefer it to MI

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved all Delphine Software's adventure games. Future Wars (very tough dude!), Operation Stealth and my love Cruise for a Corpse.

Don't forget Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls and Level 9. My favourite text/graphic adventures are there. What else?

LucasArts had nice moments too (Monkey Island and Indy series), and the most prototype adventure of all time, imho, Loom (very short though, I finished it in one afternoon back then).

Sierra had nice adventures too, my best serie is Police Quest though.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I enjoyed the Space Quest and Police Quest series....
    And how about ZORK?
    "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence." Line from RAMBO