Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZX Spectrum +

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

ZX Spectrum +

Should be getting my grubby little mitts on a Spectrum+ today. Finally I can test the Arduitape with one and then it's composite mod.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. Is it in good condition? Please past some pics.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    * He returns from Oblivion yet again to grace the topics of the Classic Amiga forum () *

Neat, what is a Spectrum+ like? (I assume it is a member of ZX Spectrum family)
    And what games do you have for it.

Hope it is okay if I also ask this here: are there any people who play the games developed in the fifteen years for the Spectrum?
    A while back I was playing with a Spectrum Emulator (spectaculator), trying out games like Wanderers: Chained in the Dark, and Castlevania Spectral Interlude.
    I really should get the complete version of the emulator.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehehe. Tested it and it worked with the RF but the picture quality was terrible. What was great was that my Arduitape design works perfectly so loading games that are converted to .Wav file of less than 22050 Hz is sorted. Unfortunately whilst performing the mod I didn't realise how brittle the keyboard membranes are and split one of the connectors so I can't type LOAD"". New one ordered though from RWAP via SellMyRetro.

Using the down time to clean the case and keyboard.

Spectrum + is a 48k Spectrum but with a real keyboard instead of a rubber one.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one like that, never used it though Was only for the collection. I wasn't the Spectrum guy anyway

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do any of you still play with the Spectrum today, or is any of your Spectrum libraries simply for the sake of collecting?
    I considered it a few years ago but Harrison convinced me it was best just to focus on collecting things I truly have a connection with such as console and PC gaming, Star Trek and so on.
    Good decision to because no long after my income took a serious hit from which I still have not recovered (I want a job so much)
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will definitely be playing Spectrum games. If only to test my Arduitape to it's limits. Plus with owning an MSX there are a lot of straight Spectrum conversions so it would be interesting to see if there is any loss in speed in the conversion.

Edit: Been looking at the books etc that came with it and it looks like mine was a rubber key 48k that has had the keyboard upgraded to a plus as I have the instructions for the upgrade. It also comes with the original receipt and it was bought for £129.98 in 1983.
    Last edited by Buleste; 13th March 2016 at 16:47.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should consider the Vega+ console: http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/...highlight=vega

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only really want it for my Arduitape project. See if it works. See if we can get it to decode TZX or PZX files on the go.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried your project on the Amstrad CPC?

I've recently been reminiscing about my CPC464 and have always wanted a CPC6128. And the later Plus models intrigued me. Although with emulation I don't really have a need. Maybe later. Never personally wanted to own a Spectrum though. The hardware and software abilities have always seemed a little too basic for me. Especially when most games got a direct CPC port anyway, and they don't suffer colour clash.

Equally as you mentioned many of the game's were also on MSX and that was definitely the superior hardware of the era. Shame it never really made it to the UK at the time. I've never used one other than emulation. That's a system that interests me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!