Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Idiot just hit my car.

I just popped out to the shops and some Russian idiot hit the side of my car.

Luckily not too much damage to mine. Just slightly dented the front wing behind the wheel arch and scratched the passenger door

I was approaching a roundabout in the outside lane to turn right and he suddenly decided to change lanes and went into the side of me. He openly admitted it was his fault as he hasn't seen me. I was probably about where his blinds spot would be.

He did a lot more damage to hit Golf as he hit me with the driver's side front corner ripping the bumper away and damaging his wing.. and with the age of his car they might write it off. Who knows.

Anyway, could have been much worse. At least we were going fairly slow as braking for roundabout. Just really annoying as I don't want the hassle. And being a Sunday I have to wait till tomorrow to ring the insurance.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear that. And I agree, as it's not the worst that can happen, the hassle after IS actually the worst. Wishing you luck that everything goes smoothly.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Plus my insurance will be more when it's time to renew because every accident, even when not your fault counts against you.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Plus my insurance will be more when it's time to renew because every accident, even when not your fault counts against you.
    Really? Never heard that, at leats it's not like that here

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, really bad how car insurance works over here. You get a year no claims bonus for each year you don't make a claim, which reduces the cost of your insurance. You can have protected no claims so that in the event of an accident you don't loss it and your discount. . Or if you didn't protect it you would lose the lot.

Plus they ask you for accident claim history, even if it wasn't your fault, for the past 5 years and this goes against you too.

When my last car was written off in 2013 it was settled in my favour as a no fault claim. However when my insurance came up for renewal the quote they gave me went up from £190 to £760. Shopped around and got insurance with a different company for £180. It is mad.

I'm glad I'm not a new driver in the UK now. When I learnt my first car insurance was about £700. Now new drivers can expect to pay around £1800 - 2500 per year. How they can afford it I don't know.

Had similar issue with house insurance when we moved recently. We had been lucky with the old house because although we had flooded twice they continued to honour and insure us. However when we moved the same company said they wouldn't insure us because of our house insurance claim history. How mad is that? On a different house with no history of flooding. And I had trouble getting house insurance. Loads of them got as far as my claim history and instantly said they couldn't insure us. Eventually I found one which was sensible enough to mark my old claims as being for a previous property.

I think the others were looking at the value of the claims. First flood coat the insurance company about £40K to fix and second one about £28k so you can kind of see their point of view. But still for houses it should be just for that specific house.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and had sort of some good news regarding my car. The other driver's insurance company rang me today and said he admitted full responsibility for the accident and his insurance are going to get my car repaired and provide me with a hire car, without involving my insurance company at all. Meaning the accident won't go on my insurance history. So that's something. The other driver seemed a nice guy and said at the time he just wanted to make sure my car was repaired.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's excellent news for you, and it's indeed difficult nowadays to "meet" nice and honest people.