Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amiga games you would like to see remade?

What Amiga games would you like to see remade today on a current system? Which current system would you like to see them released on and why?

For me many Amiga games should never be remade as the original versions are perfect as they are and any updates to the graphics or control system would ruin the balance of the game or how it originally felt and played. But there are definitely many Amiga games that would equally lend themselves well to a remake or sequel.

For me the biggest game I am still hoping to see a sequel that is more closely a remake than a true sequel is Frontier: Elite 2. Yes, there was a kind of sequel on the PC just after Frontier, but it wasn't all that different and most didn't think it was as good. Imagine how a true remake of Frontier could be created with current PC technology. They keep saying it is in the planning stages of a sequel, but that has been stated for many years now. I just hope that if they do eventually create a new Elite, that it will stick closely to the style and game play ideas of Frontier, but expand on them much more, giving the ability to leave your ship and roam space stations and planets, as well as some form of true interaction with in game characters.

Another game I would love to see a remake of is ShadowWorlds. I loved that game and the way it used dynamic lighting throughout the game. A remake of that would be great. It would probably lend itself to a hi-def console release more than a PC release though.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hm, are you sure, a remake of Elite, as I find Elite also good as it is. And the latest releases of space sims are very good. Sure, I admit, if they manage to preserve the same feeling you had in the original, than yes, but if they begin to expand, they could also ruin it in many ways.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It has just been announced that Stardust is getting a remake for the PS3. It shall be entitled Superstardust HD.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3158563

However I have known this for a while. I hate non-disclosure agreements.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Hey Yanni is here!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to see Stunt Car Racer redone, but ONLY if it kept the physics 100% the same (just a graphical update).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I reckon it wouldn't be all that hard to do a stunt car racer update as a homebrew project.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to see Stunt Car Racer redone, but ONLY if it kept the physics 100% the same (just a graphical update).
    And add a circuit editor, something very simple, like in the Trackmania series.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    And add a circuit editor, something very simple, like in the Trackmania series.
    Supposdly there is a SCR editor for PC, which was used to create a homebrew sequel to it (http://www.discreetfx.com/Care/scrtnt.htm) which has new tracks but graphics are not improved. Not sure if the editor is available anywhere.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Years and years ago some developer announced it was doing a Stunt Car Racer sequel. Obviously nothing has come of it, but at least someone had the idea. I can't remember who it was though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    Hey Hey Yanni is here!
    Indeed I am, and I bring good tidings of information you shall not find anywhere else about the Stardust PS3 remake.......

......Well maybe one tiny piece.........

......the right analogue stick controls the direction of fire.

Wasn't that worth the build-up? Maybe not, but the question is "what does the R3 button do?". More on this in a future update.

( As I said earlier, stupid non-disclosure agreements )