Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for that link to the EotB2 re-make. I didn't know about that project and will definitely need to try that out. I hope they do a EotB3 version too as I never got to play that originally due to it being a PC only release.

I completely agree with you regarding the nostalgia element. We often remember games from the past with rose tinted glasses and often when revisiting them after so many years it can destroy the memories we had of how great they once were.

But personally I find this doesn't happen all that often with Amiga games or games from other systems of the same 16-bit era. For me this happens the most with Playstation One game where the 3D that, at the time impressed is much, really does look terrible now. A couple of games I recently loaded up that I had such great memories of were the early PSX Pygnosis Formula One games. They now look terrible with some of the worst graphics I've seen in a very long time, but on release I remember them looking amazing and I much have played them for months.

In contrast, 2D sprite based games from the Amiga and other systems of the same generation stand up much better over time and are normally just as great as they originally were.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet, EoB2 was an excellent game!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just like always, I played the EotB games, but only 30 minutes to test if they work. It seems that I'm doing this since already a longer time than I thought

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should stop downloading games for at least a year and actually play some of them!

I played the first two EotB games through fully on release and really enjoyed them both. Being a big paper and dice D&D fan added even more to me wanting to play them I think. I also mapped them both completely on graph paper as I played and marked everything on the maps with the locations of object, creatures etc... Same as I did for Dungeon Master.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I played a lot of sports games, soccer, hockey, basketball aso at the time. I finished som SSI RPGs like Buck Rogers or Champions of Krynn, and played Bard's Talke a lot. When the EotB games were released, I had already girlfriends, and I was more busy playing with them, than with games I'm sure everybody will forgive me now

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, maybe we can forgive you just a bit in that case.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol too funny.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/