Does anyone here get emails which are intended for other people?

I've had my GMail address for over ten years now (), and whilst I don't actively use it, my mail client checks it at the same time as my usual private address, as I do still get things like notifications sent to GMail now and again.

But for quite a long time I've been getting emails every so often which appear to be for other people. They don't seem like spam. They just seem like things which have been mis-addressed.

A few years ago I was getting some kinds of family newsletters/updates, which seem to have stopped now. For a long time now I have been on the mailing list of the New Zealand All Star Cheerleaders, and have been kept informed of their events, prices etc , although I haven't heard from them for a while.

Just recently I have received quite a bit of correspondence relating to the sale of 'Bucklands Espresso Lounge'. Although I haven't paid that much attention to it, I have kind of followed it from the start of the sale to the end (and it looks like they have just finished selling it). A quick Google search reveals that Bucklands Espresso Lounge is a genuine business in New Zealand and is/was owned by someone called Stephen Coates. I don't know what the law is like in New Zealand, but if they were here, sending this stuff to me could be a serious breach of Data Protection legislation.

I'm sure there were several other examples which I have forgotten. Those New Zealand people do seem to like sending me mis-addressed emails .

Edit: Just done a search through the GMail history. Another one was statements and invoices from Farm Cove Butchery in New Zealand. Turns out these were intended for the Bucklands Espresso Lounge. There were also some others related to Bucklands Espresso Lounge. I wonder if this Stephen Coates bloke has a GMail address but spells it wrong or something .