Thread: BTGuard

Downloads
    Uploads

BTGuard

Does anyone have any experience of this, or other such programs?

http://btguard.com/

It's getting increasingly difficult to know just what we're all being spied on for these days.

I'm wondering if programs like this are really another way of spying?

Surely there has to be delay incurred for the proxy thing or is it just really a spoofed IP address?
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not used a Bit Torrent proxy myself. They basically act as an anonymous proxy server, masking your location and IP, and just revealing the company server IPs. Not sure about slowing a torrent down, although most private trackers ban their use because you can't connect to a ratio based tracker through them properly.

Do you use Peerblock? It knows and blocks all IPs trying to look at your connection whilst torrents are downloading/seeding and stops companies logging your activity.

If you are really worried about your download content being illegal then I suggest you use Usenet instead. You can get most things on there, much faster than torrents, and no seeding or uploading, so no sharing issues. Plus it's cheaper than torrent proxy server subscriptions. I use NewsDemon and download using Newsbin Pro. http://www.newsdemon.com/

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I've not used a Bit Torrent proxy myself. They basically act as an anonymous proxy server, masking your location and IP, and just revealing the company server IPs. Not sure about slowing a torrent down, although most private trackers ban their use because you can't connect to a ratio based tracker through them properly.

Do you use Peerblock? It knows and blocks all IPs trying to look at your connection whilst torrents are downloading/seeding and stops companies logging your activity.

If you are really worried about your download content being illegal then I suggest you use Usenet instead. You can get most things on there, much faster than torrents, and no seeding or uploading, so no sharing issues. Plus it's cheaper than torrent proxy server subscriptions. I use NewsDemon and download using Newsbin Pro. http://www.newsdemon.com/
    Torrenting most things that are copy-right is illegal tbh & no I wasn't using Peerblock.... but now I am.

That's shut up most of the pop-ups giving them a blank page 98% of the time.

Thank's H.

Not sure I want to pay £100 for 12 months Pro NewsDemon tho.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    £7.77 isn't bad for unlimited download access to Usenet though.

It maxxes out my connect at about 10MB/s download, so doesn't take long at all to download most things.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could be right I guess & stay uber private in the meantime.