Thread: Dark Matter

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dark Matter

Is anyone else watching the new Sci-Fi series Dark Matter?

http://www.syfy.com/darkmatter

So far so good. Interesting range of main characters (and good cast), unique storyline, and the first few episodes have been diverse and moving forward at a good pace.

I was sceptical before watching, based on the writers (Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie) track record. They wrote the last few series of Stargate SG-1 and created Star Gate Universe. Neither went well. The problem for me was that many episodes spent too much time looking introspectively at the characters and never actually going anywhere.

With Dark Matter the crew wake with no memory, so at least that isn't possible from the beginning and they have to explore the universe to learn their true identities and past stores.

With Dark Matter, they actually started off with a Graphic Novel mini series of 4 books a couple of years ago.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/18-06...-1-Rebirth-TPB

So I suppose they were using that to test the waters first.

Spoiler alert. Don't read on if you haven't seen the first 4 episodes yet.
    I had a thought. 2 was bitten and infected by the zombie virus, and then 5 hours later free from the virus and her wound is gone. And 1 discovered he has a doppelgänger chasing him. claiming he is a surgically altered imposter. And finally a revelation about 6 is uncovered in the next episode.

Plus the Android attacked them as intruders at the very beginning.

I wondered if they are all clones and not the real people. It would be a good way for someone to recruit the best to do their dirty work, without actually needing to recruit or pay the real people.

The alternative is that they discovered something, or something happened that forced them all to wipe their memories to protect themselves or someone/something else.

We will have to wait and see. I'm probably wrong. Or knowing our luck the series will get cancelled before we ever find out.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not me..... Horror can fro for me. On the space series thing tho':

I'm still grieving over the "Firefly" series being dropped! - Should never have happened in my book. Bah!

The film Serenity was supposed to finalise the series & 10/10 for that movie in my book.

But meh.....
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.