Gotek and Workbench question

I want to move programs from my usb Gotek to my SCSI hard drive. What I'm currently doing is select 000 to run selector choose adfs to slots 1-xxx. Remove usb after save and reset. Hd boots to WB 2.1. insert usb into Gotek. I then can't access df0. Any guidance. I'm on a souped up A2k.

Sent by homing missile from my HTC one M8

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The USB stick needs to be in the Gotek drive when you turn the Amiga on, or it won't boot the selector list and set the Gotek's memory slots up with the selected ADFs. This is why it can't access it when you try to insert the USB stick after booting into Windows.

An alternative could be to include a blank adf file on the USB stick and have this selected when you reset the Amiga, then the Amiga should see the disk as blank and boot from your HDD. Once booted you can then move between the ADFs you have already setup in your selector slots on the ADF and they will appear in Workbench as if you were removing and inserting different disks.

I hope that helps? And welcome to Classicamiga.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    The USB stick needs to be in the Gotek drive when you turn the Amiga on, or it won't boot the selector list and set the Gotek's memory slots up with the selected ADFs. This is why it can't access it when you try to insert the USB stick after booting into Windows.

An alternative could be to include a blank adf file on the USB stick and have this selected when you reset the Amiga, then the Amiga should see the disk as blank and boot from your HDD. Once booted you can then move between the ADFs you have already setup in your selector slots on the ADF and they will appear in Workbench as if you were removing and inserting different disks.

I hope that helps? And welcome to Classicamiga.
    Cool beans I will give it a go!

No go. When it brings up WB it hangs with the stop watch mouse pointer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ Jon

Heh, cool beans..... I love that saying!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Strange, that shouldn't have anything to do with the Gotek because it is just an emulator, and to the Amiga it is seeing a real floppy drive with a blank disk inside.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thread is a bit old...but has the Gotek worked before? If it has, did you use the same memory stick? Have you tried a different memory stick?

I've found the Gotek does not like all memory sticks. And on those that were picky, computer freezing has happened.