Having just watched the final ever Top Gear, bring together all of the footage from the final 3 episodes of the final season, which were never originally aired, I now feel very sad.

It was on form and really funny. A fine example of the Top Gear 3 at their most amusing.

The biggest thing it highlighted for me was in the studio where just Hammond and May introduced each section. It just felt flat and uninteresting without Clarkson there to act as the comic foil. Clarkson in the actual adventures really did show how much his personality made the show what it was.

I just don't see how Top Gear will be Top Gear with Chris Evans hosting. It will be a different format, that much is certain, and therefore won't have the epic adventures and tom foolery classic Top Gear is know and expected to contain. It's going to be boring. And as much as Evans is passionate about his cars, he isn't a motoring journalist, which you have to remember Clarkson and the others were for a very long time. They knew cars inside out. Evans knows as much as most arm chair enthusiasts watching the show do. Not much more.

And I just hope for everyone's sack that Suzi Perry really isn't going to be joining him. She's not getting any younger, but still thinks she is by the 20 year old's clothes she shoe horns herself into for the BBC F1 shows, and you know if she gets on the show it will become multiformat with bikes featured. Something Top Gear has always avoided, because they know car fans are not bike fans and get bored quickly by them.. and I expect vice versa is true.

Lets just hope Jeremy, James and Richard really are developing their own rival show and can continue their brilliant antics under a new banner. If they manage it I can see the BBC losing another subject from their itinerary pretty quickly.