Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Final ever "original" Top Gear aired last night on BBC2.. a bitter sweet episode.

Having just watched the final ever Top Gear, bring together all of the footage from the final 3 episodes of the final season, which were never originally aired, I now feel very sad.

It was on form and really funny. A fine example of the Top Gear 3 at their most amusing.

The biggest thing it highlighted for me was in the studio where just Hammond and May introduced each section. It just felt flat and uninteresting without Clarkson there to act as the comic foil. Clarkson in the actual adventures really did show how much his personality made the show what it was.

I just don't see how Top Gear will be Top Gear with Chris Evans hosting. It will be a different format, that much is certain, and therefore won't have the epic adventures and tom foolery classic Top Gear is know and expected to contain. It's going to be boring. And as much as Evans is passionate about his cars, he isn't a motoring journalist, which you have to remember Clarkson and the others were for a very long time. They knew cars inside out. Evans knows as much as most arm chair enthusiasts watching the show do. Not much more.

And I just hope for everyone's sack that Suzi Perry really isn't going to be joining him. She's not getting any younger, but still thinks she is by the 20 year old's clothes she shoe horns herself into for the BBC F1 shows, and you know if she gets on the show it will become multiformat with bikes featured. Something Top Gear has always avoided, because they know car fans are not bike fans and get bored quickly by them.. and I expect vice versa is true.

Lets just hope Jeremy, James and Richard really are developing their own rival show and can continue their brilliant antics under a new banner. If they manage it I can see the BBC losing another subject from their itinerary pretty quickly.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I refuse to watch Chris Evans. Clarkson may be a complete knob at times but at least he was funny.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also refuse to watch the piss-head-ginger c0ck sucker off the Radio. He's a complete "prick" in my book & if Suzi ends up in there as well, it'll be a double whammy for me!

@ H

I saw the final show too. Apparently the ratings for Top Gears final show without Clarkson at the helm were really poor.
    The section where they were in the Classic Sports cars was brilliant. I fell on the floor laughing when Clarkson, (dejected @ the pile of poo he was driving) looked sideways @ the camera & said:

"I really hate working on Top Gear".

I really hope the three of them do come back with their own show & I also hope it buries Chris Evans & Suzi so badly, the BBC might think of providing their reporters with adequate provision when out on these international recordings. As far as I am concerned, the producer that got punched deserved it & not to accept an apology endorses it even more. What a c0ck!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the ratings were down because the BBC really didn't advertise it was going to be on. I didn't see it advertised at all and only accidentally discovered it was on because I had the TV on BBC already watching the program before it.

The final adventures were a good end to the show, going out with some classic laughs.

I just hope if they can create a new show they will be able to do the same big adventures. Maybe without the constraints of the BBC they might even have a bigger budget. Maybe they could look to the Middle East for funding, or even the Far East. What the BBC seem to completely misunderstand is that the presenters were the ones with a lot of fans and a lot of respect, not the BBC or the name of the show itself. The motor industry also had huge respect for the show because it really did create a lot of exposure for higher end car brands and showcased supercars in an actual track independently timed.

If they do get another show I wonder where it will be based and if they can acquire another test track?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was reading that Netflix and Hulu are in competition to for the new show, I hope it happens soon, lets just hope Clarkson doesn't do anything stupid and screw things up again.

The last episode hasn't aired yet in the states as far is I know, or my DVR would have recorded it, looking forward to seeing for sure

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk