Thread: 2015 E3

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

2015 E3

What news from this year's E3 has got you excited?

For me, the remake of Final Fantasy VII was probably the announcement which will pursuade me to buy a PS4.

And backwards compatibility for the Xbox One likewise.

It has also taken its time this generation, but the game announcements this year finally make the current consoles look worth getting in the future.

Also a lot of remakes planned, such as Gears of War. Some I really don't see the point of because they were only on last gen hardware. A remake should offer more than just better looking graphics. They should be about creating a version that was not possible back when the original was created. Take FF7 as an example. . It was a revolutionary game at the time, using CD capacity to stream detailed scenes, but the 3D put into the world was restricted by the hardware. Now current hardware can finally realise a more realistic and expanded world to explore in more depth and detail.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely liked the update on microsofts hololens, I think (hopefully) its going to be cool and as you say the backwards xbox 360 compatibility, are they saying that they all will have to be downloaded?

I'll no be getting any ps4 till they're completely silent

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Completely silent? As in machine fan noise? I know people with PS4's and they are as quite as Xbox Ones.

Regarding 360 games, yes all will be downloaded AFAIK because they are emulated on the new Xbox due to having completely different hardware. Wouldn't it be brilliant to get hold of that emulation code?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I suppose I haven't seen any of the ps4's in action only online, where there was complaints about the very loud fan noises which was supposed to be because of the psu being inside the case! I suppose they must have been faulty, I'll need to rethink my ps4 option! I do like the look of the new limited batman ps4 but its only a 500gb when they're starting to ship 1tb model's, you'd think they could have upped it to 1tb with it being limited!

It would have been better if the xbox could just play the real disks under emulation, seen as some of us are still on 2mb broadband

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you will struggle with any current console if you are still stuck on 2MB broadband (256KB/s?) because nearly every game released recently has needed to download very large updates before running. Most being multi GB downloads.

Is your area not getting upgraded any time soon? My parents in the New Forest have only just had their exchange and local cabinet upgraded, but when I looked demand was too high and I couldn't order them Infinity yet.

It's one key thing I check with any houses before I view them to buy. If they can't get Infinity I don't bother.
    Last edited by Harrison; 26th June 2015 at 01:20.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was some problems with the first run of PS4s that got very noisy. I had this problem myself, I heard somewhere that one fan tended to fail and as the system overheated the other fans rev up to compensate. Normally they hardly ever need to do this, but when they do it is noisy. And when they're going like that all the time... Should credit Sony that otherwise the system ran fine. Never had any other issues with it, and I used it like that for a good while before getting fed up and used the warranty to get it fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been in the same house for 15 years theres 2 cabinets in my arean and 1 has been done, I believe in my cabinet the cable has been damaged somewhere to the exchange! Its been saying online the the date for me is between October 2015 and March 2016 but they've been giving out dates like this since 2011 I'm going to go see my councillor! We have been thinking of moving and yes the broadband speed will be top priority in any future house.

I do have the xbox one but mainly gets used for the home entertainment box which it does do well in steaming movies/tv from online suppliers where before it wasn't possible!

@Teho

So yours is nice and silent, thats good to know thanks