Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Pic works now I dont know what happened last time. I dont really know exactly what to look for in the pic. I take it the top of the photo is where the damaged bit should be but im not able to determine where the broken link is on there. I take it the black grooves are the connections.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this the A1200 keyboard cable you mentioned before? Looks fine to me and as we said you probably haven't inserted it far enough into the connector with the collar raised. You can't get it in with the collar pushed down/locked.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not mine but Steven Coates a pic I couldnt get to work earlier. How do you get the collar to move with all that metal shielding around it. I couldnt get it to budge and I didnt want to risk a pair of pliers

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Use a small flat head screw driver. Just gently put it under each end and wiggle the collar up. It will move up about 1cm and pushing the keyboard ribbon in will them be very easy. Then gently push the collar back down using the screwdriver again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I eventually got it raised and reseated the ribbon cable but no change the same keys are still not responding. I think the time for more drastic surgery is approaching either to the end of the cable or my wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I took the plunge and cut off 1mm from the end of the cable. No change still the same fault so I repeated the exersise. Now no Keyboard. The miggy still boots fine. I have decided rather than buy a new keyboard the only way forward is to tower it up. First I need to find a suitable tower then all the bits and bobs to make it work. any advice would be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your relevant CIA chip may be blown.....

Please re-read my statement in post #9.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your relevant CIA chip may be blown.....
    Does anyone reliable still repair Amigas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I caved in and ordered a replacement keyboard. (NOT NEW) The way I see it if it works happy days and if not my garage find might become a garage sale.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are people in the Amiga community whom can repair damaged motherboards. If the seller of the keyboard states it is working, but it still doesn't work in your A1200, then as Kin said one of the CIA chips might have blown on the motherboard, or it could be something else such as a leaking capacity. Have you looked closely at all the capacitors on the A1200 motherboard? Over time they degrade and go bad. Signs are the tops of them bulging or leaking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The keyboard arrived and I plugged it in. ALL KEYS ARE NOW WORKING PERFECTLY. I was even able to perform an Amiga Amiga Control

So I now have an old dud keyboard which needs one of those guys who can repair these items. The mobo CIA chips and capacitors would appear to be absolutey fine. Im back in the game!!