Thread: Stream Tv

Downloads
    Uploads

Stream Tv

I was speaking to my neighbour and it turns out he just taken delivery of one of those android tv boxes from a firm and it comes fully loaded all tv, movie, sports for a one off payment yep I got the guided tour!. So my neighbour was saying that he knows lots of people are doing it this way and the one he got gets updates and support! Well I've had a look on e*ay and its full of them all advertising full packages Is this the way, how reliable and sustainable can these be?
    Last edited by DonAmiga; 26th May 2015 at 07:40. Reason: censored it a bit

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming this is basically illegally hacking into paid for channels using illegally cracked/unlocked codes?

If so that is highly illegal and we really can't discuss it here. Sorry.

How do you expect those running the channels on these devices to survive if everyone watching them were using illegal unlock codes and therefore not paying to watch?

I also expect, as with things like early BSS and OnDigital, such hacked codes will suddenly get blocked and you will need to obtain new ones to get the devices working again.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats what I was thinking, I was just surprised to see all these for sale.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Selling hardware based on the fact it uses illegal access codes is surely a serious fraud from the start?

@ Harrison

What about this one?

http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/

Shop front looks almost as sketchy as it sounds. (Watch animated front end)
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they would be illegal, although they could get around with a loop hole if they sold the hardware with default factory OS/firmware and supplied a link to obtain the "upgrade" software.

Are they shipped from the UK or are they coming from China/HK? That would instantly flag it up for me as very dodgy.

Looking at your link, and similar links these are all feeling like Chinese copies using Android KitKat 4.4 OS. As soon as the first TV boxes using Android were legally released I'm sure they got to work cloning the hardware. After all it must basically be the same phone components they manufacture over there anyway, and Android is free. So all it then needed was the unlock codes cracked so unlock the paid for apps installed under Android.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah H. I saw the KitKat-piss take logo earlier & thought wtf?

Reading around though, there is quite a following for this kind of thing.

I did hear that SmartTV's were actually spying on you. Using their inbuilt webcams & mic's to record stuff in folks front rooms without the punter/s being aware!
    You could only imagine some of the funky crap going on eh!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would fully believe that Microsoft would do such a thing with the Xbox One and Kinnect, which is bundled as standard these days and used to control all TV activity.

And it's a given with Apple and their Apple TV system as they have already been found guilty of collecting information from their iOS customers. Oh and Google collecting data to server directed advertising, which is actually the main reason for most of them collecting any data.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep my Microsoft Kinect welcomes me when I walk in (if the tv is on) But with the firm above supplying the boxes I've come to the conclusion that the login and password provided is just to access their system and not for anything else, and their system is just using any freely available stuff on line, re-packaged.