Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, a multi-processors patched AmigaOS running on a dual top of the line G5 would have been nice...
    Amiga 1000 (stock), Amiga 1200 (ACA1233, Indi Scandoubler, CF IDE, Netrunner)
    Lenovo laptop (Ubuntu 14.1, FS-UAE configured to emulate my A1200 for code writing on the go)

Current project: re-learn 68k ASM and C on Amiga after shelving it for the past 25 years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post
    Well, a multi-processors patched AmigaOS running on a dual top of the line G5 would have been nice...
    Parallel Processing is where the PPC boards came to the Amiga. The original idea behind those boards was to run your Miggy on 68XXX & utilize the PPC chips much faster "MIPS"-idge for doing things like 3D rendering, etc.
    The Amiga was even experimenting with Transputer Chips for parallel processing. Sadly, we never saw them go mainstream in their day.

This is the Register's report on David May RE: Parallel Processing:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08...ech_david_may/

Heck! - I was there in the day & it almost seems like only yesterday in so many ways.
    ^^^^^^ (Cr4p.... I'm getting 0ld......)

- - - Updated - - -

@ Harrison

I did say earlier that we can't edit our posts on this thread. Is there a reason for that please?
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post
    Parallel Processing is where the PPC boards came to the Amiga. The original idea behind those boards was to run your Miggy on 68XXX & utilize the PPC chips much faster "MIPS"-idge for doing things like 3D rendering, etc.
    The Amiga was even experimenting with Transputer Chips for parallel processing. Sadly, we never saw them go mainstream in their day.

This is the Register's report on David May RE: Parallel Processing:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08...ech_david_may/

Heck! - I was there in the day & it almost seems like only yesterday in so many ways.
    ^^^^^^ (Cr4p.... I'm getting 0ld......)

- - - Updated - - -

@ Harrison

I did say earlier that we can't edit our posts on this thread. Is there a reason for that please?
    Has anybody ever considered migrating AmigaOS to the Intel x86 platform? Apple did it for Mac OS X.
    I believe it would then be more easy and less costly for people to build a compatible machine. The X1000 is way too much costly even for me who do have the mean to buy one. $3k+ for a PC today is too expensive.
    Amiga 1000 (stock), Amiga 1200 (ACA1233, Indi Scandoubler, CF IDE, Netrunner)
    Lenovo laptop (Ubuntu 14.1, FS-UAE configured to emulate my A1200 for code writing on the go)

Current project: re-learn 68k ASM and C on Amiga after shelving it for the past 25 years.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's called AROS.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @ Harrison

Yes, it's because this thread was posted in the site's news and announcements forum, which is actually only meant to be for site announcements and can only be posted by staff members. I will move this out into general chat.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks H.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.