I am at Estoril - Portugal
    And what about you?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nobody can beat you anyway, so I skip

You know, I was already in your hometown, but I doubt that you would visit mine

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I might have been able to if I could find any aerial footage showing my area. After all I do have Goodwood right by me which holds the Festival of Speed, one of the nicest beaches on the south coast and some amazing coast line.. but I can't find anything any good to post. Annoying.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Nobody can beat you anyway, so I skip
    You know, I was already in your hometown, but I doubt that you would visit mine
    Don't say that man, it's on my list !!

Came on people, you don't need to post aerial views. Send some photos. It's always interesting so see other people places.
    It could help to take some ideas for vacations.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great images of Norway is not hard to find as we have a lot of spectacular nature and views to show off. Like Harrison though, finding images of my immediate surroundings is a lot harder. I've gone through my own picture archive (which isn't that big, I've never been good at taking pictures) and found the few that shows off the local area and nature a little:

Some boating pictures, I like the first one taken after sunset where the low hanging clouds are dark while the higher up ones are still lit by the sun. It's from out in the local fjord:

These next two are from a different occasion, on the inland lake a little bit north of here:

My older sister and I used to go on these hikes to the different highest points in the local area. This is where I should have taken a lot more pictures, but oh well. The following three are the best ones I had. First one is actually not in the immediate area but an hour or so away by car. And a two hour hike to the top. It's called Narefjell and is the highest point nearby with a great view. And yes, that ugly person is me.

A further drive and further hike away is Gaustatoppen which is the highest point in the county and the 8th highest in Norway. There's a fantastic view from up there on a good day where you can see for miles and miles. Sadly the top was shrouded in clouds when I was there. It often is, so you need a bit of luck to get the payoff for this hike. I don't have any pictures of this at all though. Thought I took some during the hike up before we hit the clouds, but I can't find them. But follow this link to the Wikipedia page instead, it has a couple of nice ones.

The next one I don't remember exactly where is but it is from one of our hikes near here. That's my sister's daughter (on the right) and her friend:

And this is Lakollen, looking out on the fjord. This hike literally starts from the doorstep of my sister, that's her in the corner:

Finally, my friend and I have an old tradition where we go to his nearby cabin, start a fire and have a few beers. We do this every year the last weekend before christmas for his birthday. We usually end up being 10-15 people there, but early on it's just me and him. It gets dark very early this time of the year here, so when others arrive later it is already too dark for pictures.

Here's one of the cabin itself:

Coffee's brewing:

Me and my friend, same occasion but different year:

And that's all I have I'm afraid.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still looks great Teho.

I will have a good look through my photos as I have loads and should be able to show some of where I live.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice photos Teho. Cute cabin.
    More pics please !!!
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks really quite similar to Finland, the only thing that Finland don't have, are the mountains, at least in the southern area, which I find a bit sad, it's quite flat with only lakes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Teho

Wow! Absolutely fantastic