Thread: My new car

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

My new car

Hi everyone!

Just got a new car . I don't have a lot of money so i went for a modest car. Anyway i got a:
    Seat Leon ST 1.2 TSI 110CV
    I am very happy with it. It's not deasel but i am able to do an average of 6.3 liters/100km not bad.
    The engine is small in c.c mas has a nice power.
    the onboard computer is cool, Gps works great, the media center is nice with SD cards.
    Individual A/C, bluetooth phone and lot of space with 587-1470 liters.
    I am happy with it!
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's always great to get a new car, and the Leon ST does look nice. Based on the Golf estate you know it's going to be ok and it amazes me how much power they can extract from such small engines these days, with your 1.2 TSI producing 104 BHP, which is fine for everyday driving. I've not driven the new Leon, but I have driven the new Golf and really liked that, so if it does drive similarly then you have a great car. And in the UK that would be road tax exempt too, and cheap insurance.

It's probably about the same size as our recently purchased Volvo V60, which isn't as big as my Peugeot 407 SW but the boot is big enough for most things and is really nice to drive. It was quite expensive compared to some cheaper makes but we wanted to buy a second car we knew would last a long time, and it's the R-Design 1.6 TDI Drive, economy engine returning 84 MPG with 115BHP so great for long journeys. And the R-Design model adds some nice sporty extras such as lowered suspension, 18 inch low profile tires, twin exhausts and half leather sports seats. We initially picked it because my wife was driving about 70 miles a day to work, so the fuel efficiency was going to save money, but now she has a new job less than 2 miles from home so only does a total of about 30 miles a week including driving to the shops lol, so we use it weekend to give it a longer run.

I've decided on my next car, which I will probably get within the next year. A Peugeot 508 SW GT 2.2 HDI with 204 BHP in white. I was considering an Audi A6 Avant, but the cost of spare parts, servicing, tax, insurance etc is really high compared to the Peugeot.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could order low profile tires as i had in my previous car. I had 17" with really low profile. But, our roads are not the best, and you can feel every detail with such a low profile. the contact with the road gives you a lot of feeling when driving fast. The car feels safer. But every small hole in the road feels like a huge one. I didn't like that, so now i have "normal" tires an feels much better.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is true. The V60 has quite firm sports suspension as well as the low profile 18" tyres you do feel the bumps in the road a lot more, but it does handle well. I do prefer the ride in my Peugeot 407, which has normal 17" tyres, meaning the wheels are quite massive compared to many other cars. Very heavy to change a wheel!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice car mate, hope you enjoy it.

I rented a car in Finland, and I got the Volvo V40, and I thought it was quite nice, although I didn't drive it, my girlfriend drove the whole time, and she liked it a lot.