Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey

Anyone looking for Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey ??

I got it yesterday. I am a big fan of Longest Journey and Dreamfall. Two of my all time favorites,
    this new title had a big hype in me.

I just played 20 minutes. Not bad so far, a lot of references to previous games. Graphics are not that good,
    but characters are, but..... Zoe looks great... but with a different voice. I loved her voice in Dreamfall, the way she talked. They changed the voice, is not bad, but not the same.
    Sh**, i really loved that character, and now... it doesn't feel the same.
    Did you ever fall in love by a character in a videogame.... sounds stupid, but i really like Zoe, and i was expecting to hear the voice again.... and f*** it's another person.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to admit I've still not finished the original 2 games, so I really want to play them through again before buying this new one.

In answer to your question about female characters in games and their voices, for me it was Bastila from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    In answer to your question about female characters in games and their voices, for me it was Bastila from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1.
    I thought you would be Leia through and through

I also still have to play the Dreamfall games, but I saw some days ago that the Chapters got quite mixed reviews.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you played the original KOTOR? If you did then Bastila would easily be up there on your list.

Leia is definitely still there too though as far as Star Wars goes, especially in the novels.. The Courtship of Princess Leia especially.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never played ANY Star Wars games, I liked the old movies a lot when I was a kid, but nowadays I'm not really into it anymore. Same with Star Trek. I really like to play space simulations, but I don't want them to have anything to do with existing space soap operas like Galactica, Firefly or Stargate f.ex.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I thought you would be Leia through and through

I also still have to play the Dreamfall games, but I saw some days ago that the Chapters got quite mixed reviews.

If you like a good story, but really a very very good story, then go for the 1st game. The best adventure game i ever played !!
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I never played ANY Star Wars games..
    Seriously? You really need to get hold of a copy of the first Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

I originally played it right through completely twice on the original Xbox (it has a good/light, and evil/dark story and good/bad ending depending on how you play). The thing to consider with the KOTOR games is that they are by Bioware and are some of the best RPGs ever made! If you have played Mass Effect then KOTOR are the games these were based and developed from with similar fighting and character conversation systems which actually alter the course of the game and future outcomes and events as the game progresses.

And it doesn't matter that they are Star Wars based because they are set 4000 years before the films and do not reference or have anything to do with them other than being in the same universe, with lightsabers, Jedi/Sith powers being the games magic system, and some really cool weapons, armour, and your own spaceship to travel between the game's world. It also has a cool racing sub game to earn extra credits.

There is a really unusual and great section of the first KOTOR where you find yourself on a planet where a serious crime has taken place and you get to investigate and then take it to trial, interviewing suspects and working out what happened.

Another memorable section was one the Sith home world where you pretend to be training in the Sith order and can explore the planet and its historical archaeological architecture.

They are also very large RPGs.. the first taking me over 60 hours to fully complete with all side quests.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I played KOTOR for a bit, but at that time I was more busy downloading and testing other games than concentrating on one.

I will download KOTOR for the PC now and give it a try. So how is KOTOR 2 in comparison?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just as good and even bigger.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have both now.