Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is the problem isn't it...just so many great games to play at the moment, and from the recent past. I have been put off buying this as a pre-release on Steam due to the price though.. I will probably get Alien and Elite before this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been playing this lately. It's a fantastic old-school rpg alright which you definitely should check out. And long, I've put over eighty hours into it and I *think* I just triggered the start of the endgame, though not certain.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    80 hours is definitely a very good length for an RPG. So many games these days are way too short, under 15-20 hours.

I definitely will get it eventually, but will wait until it's in a steam sale or bundle deal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing with these long games is that they take forever for me to play now. Which is kind of bad as my backlog is tremendous (see sig). I'm just before the final battle now, and I started playing four weeks ago. Back in the day I could go through something like this in around one week. Of course, back in the day I was still capable of staying up way too late and still function at work the day after. No longer possible I'm afraid. And I could easily stay glued to a game an entire weekend with no regard for anything else. Now I'm too conscious of all the other things I need to get done to do something like that. Getting old and responsible sucks.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some good news for anyone wishing to buy this game... I've just found it for just £13.99 Bargain!

http://play-sc.com/Wasteland-2-PC-Do...Steam-Key.html

If you haven't heard of Play-SC.com before, I've been using them for a long time and are great for discount game keys.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So what are people's experiences with this game so far?

To be honest, I am somewhat disappointed but I do realize that the fault lies partly with myself as I never played the original Wasteland.
    I had expected something like Fallout 1/2 and it turned out to be somewhat different, more combat focused with only limited non combat RPG elements.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't try it yet, although I love this kind of 3D isometric graphic style RPGs.

Didn't you try Shadowrun yet? Is it perhaps better? Shadowrun: Dragonfall got some real good reviews.

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally forgot to respond here.
    It is not a bad game Demon Cleaner, it was just not what I had hoped it to be.

As for Shadowrun, problem is that I really don't like the fantasy elements.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've still not had chance to play this yet, and it will be even longer now that Elite is released.. plus others games like Wolfenstein, Alien, and Shadow of Mordor currently being played.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Plus you still need to read some books