Hello all,

Has anyone here perhaps heard of the game Wasteland 2 and perhaps participated in the Kickstarter?
I am curious to know if there are and if they like me have also been trying out the game's Beta since it came out on Steam.

Current plans are that the game will be finished around the same time next month and then be fully released.

Just a quick summary; the original Wasteland was sort of the grandfather of the Fallout series, it being one of the first PC rpgs in which the player were exploring an apocalyptic Earth after a devastating nuclear war, meeting NPCs, resolving quests, and fighting various enemies.

Fallout was created when the people behind Wasteland could not get the license rights from EA back to create a sequel.

Wasteland unlike Fallout is more exploration and action oriented and conversation takes a bit of a back seat in the game and it sequel (in the part I have played for now).
I can't comment much about the original game's fighting mechanic as I have only played it a few times, it is mostly a statistic affair that involves the digital dice, but the second game's fighting is a bit more tactical like Fallout Tactics and probably X-Com lite in which you can position your characters and make use of obstacles barriers.

It was a little bit like trying to remember the original Fallout games and other overhead strategy games when I played Wasteland 2 as it is quite different from Fallout New Vegas.
But now that I am finally getting the hang of it it is a fun game to play even if it doesn't focus as heavily on story telling and dialog like other games I enjoy.

It is perhaps not a graphical power house game like a lot of releases these days but I still think the graphics are well done for a small game like these, and I like the little details the artists have put in the work.

A lot of the assets were actually made by outsiders on request of the developers and their work is now available on the Unity store for other game designers to use.

There is quite a steep difference in quality of some of the levels though, some are done much better than others, especially the big maps compared to the little ones which are sometimes quite bare boned.

Hope anyone else responds.