Thread: I'm back!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm back!

Hi all,

I received this sincere bot written message that you people on the forum missed me and wanted me to come back

So here I am, has anyone got any news to share on events I missed in my absence?
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to see you here again Ghost.. honestly I didn't realise you had gone anywhere.

None of us regulars have much time to post here at the moment.. Me especially due to my second house flood at Christmas, living in rented accommodation until now this year whilst my house was dried and renovated again, and now have sold it, found a new house and currently going through the moving house process.. hopefully everything will go through OK and we will be moving soon, then things can start to get back to normal.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back ghost .

I just got one of those messages from the AmiBay forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, hello to the people I missed addressing here.

Second, man I am dissatisfied as hell as I feel I have nothing to look forwards to in the next coming months.
    Because of some serious expenses in the recent past (a funeral and a computer upgrade I could not delay any longer) I don't really have much money to spend on extras.
    Second, I would not even know what to spend it on right now.
    Honestly not in a gaming mood, and I have given up on television and movies a long time ago.

Also been following the news lately and it seems to be that the whackos in charge just want to engage into the tango of mutual assured destruction again.
    Why don't we throw these S.O.B.S. in an arena with weapons and let them engage each other in person instead of forcing everyone else to participate into their psychopathic desire for war.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the nature of man. Religion, political extremism and greed incite war and I expect it always will to a degree. Anyway, sort of against site rules as such discussions always end badly.

Surely there is something to look forward to? Are you still doing your writing? And how did your design course go?

As for games, there are some great games just released, or in the pipeline. Grid Autosport just released is a very good return to form for Codemasters. Much better than Grid 2. And Elite: Dangerous is shaping up nicely. Loads of other games including loads of RPGs just released or due soon.

And there have been a lot of game discounts in recent weeks on the bundle sites such as Humble Bundle and on Steam and other retail game code sites. Lots to play and enjoy.

And loads of interesting new series or new seasons to watch. Are you not watching Game of Thrones? I thought you would enjoy that.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back Ghost
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wasn't really trying to start a discussion on politics, I was just pissed when I heard that we are headed towards another cold war.
    That is something I really wish we would leave behind in the past.

I still do occasionally write on some ideas I have, I wish though I had the determination and focus to work on some of the larger stories I have in mind such as a Star Trek story titled "The Immortality Salesmen".
    But is all basically fan fiction, not something that is really my own creation which is in general something better to focus on.
    Plus I can't really do anything with it such as my game ideas as that requires a lot more skills and resources than I possess.

I haven't done much with the design course, that is something I am ashamed off to be honest.
    Want to change that this month.

As for games, what I would really like is a good Sci Fi FPS game like Half Life or Jedi Knight to immerse myself into for a couple of days. Good storyline, big levels with multiple paths, various enemy types, creative settings, loads of replayability.
    I am looking forwards to Alien Isolation but that is a different kind of beast.

A good action-adventure game would also be great. A while ago I played a couple of fun old ones such as Mega Man Legends 2 and Dead Head Fred.