Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Winuea sound problem 1.6.1

Hi everyone need a bit help please, I'm running Winuae 1.6.1 whdload through Hyperspin front end and I'm getting game sound problems. I've tweaked through all setting and some the sound starts good then slows down like slow motion and doesn't recover and it's spoiling my nostalgia gaming, can anyone please help me I need to finish Project X lol

My computer is high spec

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor
    16GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 4600
    Windows 8
    AMD R9 2gb

Please help

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember having some sound issues with WinUAE in an older version, which I could never find the problem and solution to. What actually is the issue? For me it was time delay.

Have you tried a newer version of the emulator? Just wondering why you are running such an old version. Current release is 2.8.1 and with your system spec with run nicely and might fix the audio issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was the version that came with Hyperspin front end, so do you think if I update Winuae it will solve it..... The music starts fine then it slows down and stays slow.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's worth a try. You could try running the newest version separately (as you can just extract the downloaded emulator and run it from any location without installing) and see if the games run OK.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is Hyperspin running a command line version of UAE?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry I don't know what you mean about command line version, all I know is it's using WHD Load

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What Demon is asking is how the Amiga emulator is used.

The original version of the Amiga emulator is called UAE and doesn't have a graphical interface. You control and start it from the Windows CMD commandline (a bit like DOS).

The graphical version of the Amiga emulator is called WinUAE and is the one with a proper properties control panel when you press F12 during emulation.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never tried Hyperspin before, my cousin installed it on his cabinet, and it's really nice, I love it. I wanted once to install everything from Hyperspin properly to use it, but it's quite time consuming, and I don't necessarily have that time, I have some, but I also have other stuff to do (like actually playing games )

I have a lot of the Hyperspin sets, everything important, and I also have the sets, can't remember now what they are called, but basically these sets have duplicates/betas/samples... and all that stuff dumped, so the sets are a lot smaller, and of course, great for a cabinet, you don't have 10 times the same game in your list and have to scroll like crazy to find a game.

I asked about the commandline, because I was using GameEX (also a gaming front end) some time ago, and I know that GameEX f.ex. uses the commandline versions of the emulators, which are often not up to date.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still keep meaning to setup Hyperspin myself. Once moved into the new house I should then have the room to dedicate a space for an emulation system again, so I might do then. I'm also secretly looking for another vintage arcade cabinet to convert into a MAME cabinet. The new house has a 12 foot x 12 foot garden office with electric, so it's tempting to set something up in there. Failing that we are planning to convert the loft for me to use as an office/study/gameroom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would just like to let you guys know, I updated winuae and sound problem was resolved..... Cheers for the help