Downloads
    Uploads

Rocca Calascio, Abruzzo, Italy

Hello folks!

I'd like to tell you about a trip I made two weeks ago to a wonderful place called "Rocca Calascio". To be honest it's not so far from where I live, but that was the first time I went there anyway. Every year lots of people (From all parts of the world) come here in Abruzzo to visit the stronghold. It became famous during the '80s, when they filmed a timesless classic movie (Ladyhawke) there. It was built around the year 1000, at an altitude of 1500 mt (4900 ft) above sea level, so probably one of the hightest in Italy. There is also a church called "Santa Maria della Pietà", and an old and pretty uninhabited village too. You have to follow a long uphill path, but it's worth the effort, absolutely! Once you reach the pinnacle mountain, take a 360-degree look around and you will see the underlying valley called "Piana Di Navelli". A breathtaking landscape...

More info can be found here

And now it's time to show you Rocca Calascio

Oh and before I forget, I made a video with all the pics I took that day. I would recommend to watch it on a desktop or mobile PC, so you can set HD resolution 1080p/ Full Screen.

PS. Defender of the Crown brought me there

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Abruzzo is a very nice region, but that can be said for every region in Italy, I just love it, and of course, it's quite difficult to beat their cuisine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Abruzzo is a very nice region, but that can be said for every region in Italy, I just love it, and of course, it's quite difficult to beat their cuisine.
    You are right. There are so many wonderful places to visit. Just to give you an example, Campo Imperatore is not so far from Rocca Calascio. They call it "The Little Tibet" Of course I can forget the Parco Nazionale D'Abruzzo, but if you walk on a trail be careful, you can meet a bear or a wolf
    Our mountains (Gran Sasso and Maiella) are beautiful. This is what I can see from my house (If I climb up on the roof ). It's called "La Bella Addormentata" (The sleeping beauty).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks very nice. I also love Italian food. We tend to eat a lot of Italian dishes. Lots of places in Italy to visit.

For me Italy and Greece are my 2 favourite places to visit.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic scenery.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.