Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

10th final... last 8 we lost

Hi, i am a Benfica fan and Yesterday we played one more final in Europe Leage. Like last year that we also went to the final... we lost. Before this last 2 consecutive years of losing... the 6 times before we went to the finals...we... yes, that's it, we lost! WTF ?!

8 times we loose after winnig 2 time in a row in the 60s....

We had an Hungarian Coach (Béla Guttmann) back in the 60s and with him Benfiica win 2 Europen champions leage, then we changed Coach, and he said that wihout him we would never be champions (in Europe) again, it was called the Guttmann Curse, a 50 year old curse that looks like i will never be broken.

I always watch with a smile the other fans celebrating when there clubs win a European final, that should be a very nice feeling. since i am a little boy, i remember watching Benfica for 5 times a European finals, and... losing all of then (the other 5 i was not born). So what face should i put now after watching 5 finals that my club didnt win, and have to watch the others celebrating? What face should i put when our biggest rival here in Portugal (Porto) win 2 European Leages and 1 uefa cup, and intercontinental cup and i dont now what more? Everyone can loose in a final, most of the clubs that had win lost some day, but 8 times???? 5 since i am alive? And 2 of those finals here decided in Penalties, can you imagine that???

We lost to Sevilha this year, and i listen to some of them saying, ah, Benfica already win 2 European championships, now it's our time. What???? we win 2 times 50 years ago man, Sevilha won 2 uefa cups in a row in 2006 and 2007.
    Benfica win 2 European championships, but i was not born, i didnt saw it !!! f++++ since i was born i watch 5 times the final with the same fxxxxxx result!

Fxxx yxx Guttmann, burn in hell mxxxxx fxxxxx ! Fxxx you and your curse!
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotta be honest, not the best football match I've watched in my life. That said, it's incredible how an average team like Sevilla won the cup

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i agree, the match was not a good one. Last year against Chelsea Benfica played much better. The result was the same... lost the match.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sevilla is 6th in the Spanish leage...one of the better leage in the world so no much average team.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tolkien View Post
    Sevilla is 6th in the Spanish leage...one of the better leage in the world so no much average team.
    You are correct, i see Sevilla as a good team, just like the rest of the teams that went to the finals and semi-finals. It's the 3rd cup they win in Europe in the last 10 years, so it has to be a good team.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Tiago

I'm Juventus fan, so no comment

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, to you my friend, i will say, the winner is the one that scores more goals.... that's what we did in the 2 games.
    Juventus also has a lot of finals, and a lot without winning... i guess you know the feeling
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I watched this game. Benfica was played better than Sevilla (the same applies in the last year final with Chelsea). Too bad.

I don't support Benfica, but last year I wished to be the winners, just for that great black panther; Eusebio.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    just for that great black panther; Eusebio.
    Thanks for the words Phantom, Eusebio was a national hero.
    A500 - A600 - A1200