Thread: Ambermoon

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Ambermoon

I read in other website, the name Ambermoon, never played before so i gave it a try.

I actually like the game, it looks nice. I am playing it in A1200 with 1230 in HD clean install (not whdload) and it flows very good, i put the textures on the 3d parts, and it looks cool.
    A bit strange to navigate in this system (3d) but i am getting used to it. The 2d part is also nice.
    Just wish the character could move more smooth in screen (2d parts).
    Nice RPG

Anyone played it?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been a very long time since I played Ambermoon. Probably just after it came out. I remember playing a magazine coverdisk demo and being blown away by the 3D city sections, but from what I remember the combat is a bit clumsy and very slow.

After playing games like Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder it felt a bit more primitive in places. The free roaming 3D sections were definitely a huge deal at the time, unlike the flip screen 3D view in Dungeon Master style dungeon crawlers, but (for me) the free movement 3D made games at the time harder to control and combat near impossible.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes combat is chess like, but i don't have more characters yet, so i can't see it in full features. But overall looks good.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ambermoon, Amberstar are great RPGs and very huge as well.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]