What did you all think of the opening race of the new season, and new era of F1?

I had my concerns over the new engine/powerplants and all the regulation changes, but it looks like it has really shaken things up for the better. The reduction in grip, and the huge increase in torque the engines produce has made then cars the drivers really have to drive again, not like those of the past 2 decades that sat planted the track most of the time. They definitely seem to offer more racing, and overtaking.

It was a shame to see Hamilton go out so early in the race, after nursing a failing engine right from the start. But Nico Rosberg showed what their car was really capable of, and they look way ahead. Brilliant drive from him.

And Kevin Magnussen really shone in his first ever race to get onto the podium. Brilliant drive. Button right behind, but I felt he wasn't racing to his full 100% due to his dad. You could see it in his eyes when interviewed. I'm sure he could have fought more from the middle where he spent most the race. But a great more to come in right at the start of the safety car to jump some of the cars.

Ferrari were really disappointing and don't look any better than last year, and WTF was going on with Kimi? He was all over the place!

It was also no surprise that Kamui Kobayashi was the first to cause a crash on the first corner. That guy shouldn't have returned. He is a huge liability. At least with the new driver license points system he might get disqualified for a few races this year.

The other one that really shone was Valtteri Bottas. He did a brilliant drive for Williams and it was great to see someone really fighting and overtaking, even if he did take a few too many risks at times, and nearly ended it when he hit the wall and broke his rear wheel.. so lucky that wasn't the suspension.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it and hope the year continues like this.

Is anyone interested in joining a fantasy F1 league? Some of us over at Amibay have begun one. If you are go to http://www.fantasyracers.com/

And once joined use these details to join our league:

League Info

Name: Amibay F1 2014
League Number: 1195
Password: amiga1200

To Join select 'join personal league' from the drop down menu under you name then enter the league number/password.