Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Global Weather - 2013 into 2014....

WOW! Amazed @ the global weather this last few months seeing us all into this new year 2014.

The pic below is of Porthcothan Bay, just down the road from Trevose here in Cornwall.

_72125755_porthcothan_swns_976.jpg

This one is taken @ Portreath, South of Porthcothan Bay, but still on the North Coast of Cornwall. I was delivering Parcels here on Jan 3rd & still in my shorts.

_72125369_portreath_alamy_976.jpg

Pics above are from this link. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25639777

Almost akin (pardon the phun) to the Film called "The Day After Tomorrow", America seem to have been hit very hard with a "Polar Vortex". Chicago was -27 DegC one day, whilst the South Pole was only -23DegC. Almost unbelievable.

vortex-8.jpg

From here: http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/0...o-deep-freeze/
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed, the weather is getting worse globally, starting with the Tsunami's in Malaysia and then Japan. And other storms around the world, and now the UK has seen a few bad storms in the last couple of years causing extensive flooding and reshaping parts of the coast. And the conditions in the US are really bad at the moment.

How much longer can the USA deny global warming?

We've also seen more volcanic eruptions in recent years, with one recently. Although that is a natural cycle of the planet, rather than much we have done, although I still think that removing all the oil and other natural resources from the earth must impact on the stability of geology somehow.

Regarding your pictures, I saw these on the news and it was a shock to see the rock and arch just gone like that, and I didn't know about the other one also bring washed away.

Just shows you the power of nature, and how limited we are to really combat it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    China is the guilty, I will never get tired of saying this.

From the Space

Spoilt for Choice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Global warming is a natural thing, without our fossil fuel burning antics & worldwide pollution problems adding to the issue.

Earth rotates on a tilted Axis of approx 23 Degrees though it's Northern magnetic pole. This tilt has a wobble to it over a several year cycle. Dec 21st 2012 was a key marker in the Mayan Calendar, where the Black Hole of our Milky Way Galaxy aligned perfectly with our Sun & Earth. As such, the combined gravitational pull of the Black Hole & the Sun dragged our Jet Stream further North & exposed the South Pole to more Sunshine, setting Australia on fire in Dec 2012 thru to Jan 2013. No wonder the South Pole was only -23 DegC with Chicago seeing -27DegC in the last week.

I expect there will be worse to come & really feel we haven't seen the true force of Mother Nature just yet.

RE blaming other countries for this Global Warming event, it is merely compounding something that has been happening for billions of years on this lump of rock. The real problem is Money...... Utter ignorance in the face of greed.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    Global warming is a natural thing, without our fossil fuel burning antics & worldwide pollution problems adding to the issue.

Earth rotates on a tilted Axis of approx 23 Degrees though it's Northern magnetic pole. This tilt has a wobble to it over a several year cycle. Dec 21st 2012 was a key marker in the Mayan Calendar, where the Black Hole of our Milky Way Galaxy aligned perfectly with our Sun & Earth. As such, the combined gravitational pull of the Black Hole & the Sun dragged our Jet Stream further North & exposed the South Pole to more Sunshine, setting Australia on fire in Dec 2012 thru to Jan 2013. No wonder the South Pole was only -23 DegC with Chicago seeing -27DegC in the last week.

I expect there will be worse to come & really feel we haven't seen the true force of Mother Nature just yet.

RE blaming other countries for this Global Warming event, it is merely compounding something that has been happening for billions of years on this lump of rock. The real problem is Money...... Utter ignorance in the face of greed.
    Sorry but I don't agree with you. Pollution, overpopulation, plundering earth's resources. THESE are the causes. If you read this article you'll understand me better:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/j...research.waste

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The earth definitely goes through complete cycles of weather change, and it is a large part along with the universe causing a lot of this, but humans are definitely not helping.. in the end I think we will just make ourselves extinct, the earth can then breath a sigh of relief, then it can carry on and let other life evolve.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by Harrison; 11th January 2014 at 21:45.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!