One of my internal 2TB HDDs just failed.

Good thing is, I have a backup on my NAS, this disk was basically the torrent download disk for MAME/MESS and Pinball stuff.

Annoying thing is, that I was downloading 2 bigger sets to it, the PSX set, which is 450GB, and the NGC set, which is 665GB, so quite a lot.

I noticed yesterday, that on the NGC torrent, I got cycling redundancy check errors, so I tried relaunching it, but still gave me the errors. Then I copied most of the stuff to my NAS, also the PSX set, and already during copying I got several times a message from Windows that the disk has problems. Today I managed then to copy at least most of the stuff to my NAS, and eventually did a disk check. That ran for several hours, and when Windows finally booted again, I got the message to backup my stuff, the disk has errors.

I can still reach it, get to my files and everything, but at some point, it gives me an error. So I guess it's not long anymore before it completely dies.

Windows event logs:

Warning:

The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.
And this one came hundreds of times:

Error:

The device, \Device\Harddisk2\DR2, has a bad block.