Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Gbit would be amazing. I think I would seriously be tempted, although that is a lot to pay. Also I doubt many services would be able to provide such bandwidth to utilise that speed. You would be throttled by the internet.

And to be honest I get that now with my connection. Only steam seems able to maintain the full 9-10MB/s download speed. Others like Origin can only manage 4-6 at most, and a lot of website are closer to 2MB/s. Usenet does however manage to use all the bandwidth most of the time, downloading most things within a couple of minutes.

It is still hard for me too believe that I'm now able to download in MB though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    It is still hard for me too believe that I'm now able to download in MB though.
    That's what I mean, that's just great.

I'm downloading a lot of stuff here at work, and my downloads almost hit the 3MByte mark. Best thing is, if you have 20 downloads running, all 20 of them have the 3MByte download speed.

- - - Updated - - -

They finished, I have now 23Mbit download and 11.2Mbit upload. Not that much difference in download, but quite a bit more upload, that's what I wanted and needed anyway.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely great for seeding. However the problem I mentioned with Pleasuredome torrents being saturated really doesn't give my upload speed any kind of workout. I've got 16Mbit upload but most of the time the PD torrents are only seeding combined at about 400Kbits. Very annoying. Sometimes you will get someone downloading the CHDs and it will spike and seed at a few MB for a couple of hours, but it isn't that often.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!