Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The DrayTek modem arrived the other day. Unfortunately it hasn't been any faster, despite having faster sync speeds.

It was nice and easy to set up. Unfortunately though its telnet/http configuration sites can't be accessed when the modem is connected to the router. They can only be accessed when the modem is connected directly to a PC. This seems strange, but apparently, it is normal behavior.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You purchased a separate modem? Why not a combined one? What router are you using with it? That could affect the overall performance.

So, from what you are saying you can only manage the modem when connecting it directly to a PC to configure the connection and see what current download/upload speed it is connected it? That's quite limiting if that's right.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    You purchased a separate modem? Why not a combined one? What router are you using with it? That could affect the overall performance.

So, from what you are saying you can only manage the modem when connecting it directly to a PC to configure the connection and see what current download/upload speed it is connected it? That's quite limiting if that's right.
    Yes, its a separate modem, like my old one. I'm using my old Buffalo WBR2-G54 router. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the speed.

It does indeed seem peculiar that you cannot access the modem's stats when it is connected to a router. But you aren't missing out on any configuration, as there hardly is any.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It finally speeded up. I thought it would if I gave the telephone line a while to adjust to the new modem.

I went on speedtest.net and got 14.15Mbps download and 0.41Mbps upload . I've been downloading some YouTube videos and got about 1.4MBps. Not bad for DSL.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's not bad at all for ADSL, and actually a very useful bandwidth. You should be able to watching streaming HD video with that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!