Poll: Buying a PS4 or Xbox One?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

ROFL @ Kon$0le Krap!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post

ROFL @ Kon$0le Krap!
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Kin. Except you are flaming PCs this time as both are basically PCs with custom OSs.

I know they are not the top end uber expensive cutting edge hardware you endorse, but if they were the consoles would be £2000+ and no one would buy them. So a balance to a price point, but obviously without the bloat of Windows they can push the actual hardware rather than doing everything though an API or abstraction layer. Will be interesting to see what they can achieve.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    @Kin. Except you are flaming PCs this time as both are basically PCs with custom OSs.

I know they are not the top end uber expensive cutting edge hardware you endorse, but if they were the consoles would be £2000+ and no one would buy them. So a balance to a price point, but obviously without the bloat of Windows they can push the actual hardware rather than doing everything though an API or abstraction layer. Will be interesting to see what they can achieve.
    ....Flame off:....

It's early & I'm having a crap nights sleep, so whilst sat here with a cup of redbush tea......

I dare you to see a rig like mine running battlefield 3 compared to xbox or ps3. There is simply NO comparison. - Xbox looks washed out & PS3 is another matter all together. You have heard this before & quoted me playing the same favourite record. - I would like to add that anyone wanting to be serious about their Gaming should consider their 3/400+ buck investment is just a waste of money. £1250 would give you an Intel/nVidia combo worthy of it's wallet damage & if it's just portability you want, then stick to a console. PeeCee's are equally @ home on any decent quality beamer/120Hz+ flat panel & you ain't hogging the big screen in your home if you have a decent PeeCee setup, whilst the family want to watch some Sky program/BluRay film or other.

Bottom line is this: - If you want to play a 3D shooter, consoles SUCK. If rpg is your thing, then get your joy pads out & frig your thumbs silly all u like if that is the extent of your gaming capabilities or comprehension of quality.

I agree that consoles do a fair job in terms of bang per buck, but it's not an experience I choose to endure & anyone serious about their quality of 3D shooting or any gaming even if platform or RPG on a PeeCee, will shun consoles in every instance. They all do there own short cuts & versions of slick animated hair/texture procedures, just like the coders did on the early Amiga's, leaving poor coded games non-runners on 68020 or faster. The exclusives you refer to are just botch jobs for the consoles & the worst botches are console releases that run like crap when ported over to the PeeCee. Call of Duty spun around into this world of vomit many releases ago. The latest incarnation of shite from COD called Ghosts, simply concretes this so much. I want to shoot people, not take control of a frickin dog ffs. Completely takes the pi$$ when COD was originally released on the PeeCee & there-after for several releases. The COD team realised that it was easier to cut corners on the coding & program short-cut crap for the masses on consoles. Pfft ffs!

If you want to play arcade type games on a console, they excel at it in their own pathetic ways & as I've always said, you need at least 75fps with VSYNC enabled to even try & constitute any kind of control & smoothness within the game. HDMI connections can only muster 60FPS in any instance.

Watch out for the latest thing called GSYNC from nVidia/Asus. We were there many years ago with high end CRT monitors & VSYNC. - Just another money spinner after screwing gamers on 60Hz crap flat panels for many years. - Tbh though, GSYNC does work in a slightly different manner to VSYNC & keeps things very smooth even if you drop to 50fps or lower. Pretty clever from what I've seen & understood of the technology. Go have a read.

@ Phantom

When you come to visit me in the UK & you see my rig running, you really will appreciate where I'm coming from.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Charlie, the first item that I will bring with me will be a flamethrower, and the first thing that I will burn will be your peecee.... (after that we can sit down and do Amiga stuff)
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I can see me getting a xbox one sometime after they've ironed ouf any problems

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Xbox One definitely seems to be having a lot more launch issues than the PS4. So far I've read about failed updates bricking them, random crashing and reboots, and the drives producing a grinding sound when discs are inserted and not being able to read discs. With the PS4 there appears to be one faulty batch causing hdmi video and/or audio issues, but that is all.

At least Microsoft have been quick to offer repairs or complete replacements fro faulting units, and giving a free game to compensate and apologize.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's an unofficial quick fix for that X-One grinding drive " Remember Unofficial "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoDqTaIwIc

Here's on for Kin and everyone one to Steam box prototype!
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ste.../1100-6416393/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Charlie, the first item that I will bring with me will be a flamethrower, and the first thing that I will burn will be your peecee.... (after that we can sit down and do Amiga stuff)
    Totally PMSL!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I was in town yesterday and they had some day one x-box's in game which was a pack with e tra game 3 blu ray movie and starter pack! Had a chat with the guy asked how many the shop had sold which was 450 units out of that 7 uints was returned which they had stock to replace them. I decided I would chance it and got one So far working ok nice and quiet, the only thing that pi$$ed me off is that I got forza 5 hard copy which I thought I could just pop it in and play! But no download patch first and when you've only got 2mb download its a pain so was like 30mins or more as I just watched some tv! before it was ready to start playing and it hadn't even finish once I turned it off You can imagine all those households that got one laid away for xmas and it will be constant updates and downloads just hope they're happy playing with the box