Downloads
    Uploads

Wings: Remastered Campaign on Kickstarter

The great WWI air ace Cinemaware Amiga game classic is shooting for a multi-platform HD remake over on Kickstarter. Check out the playable demo...looks like they need some more pledges.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...stered-edition

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's hope it achieves its goal this time. The first attempt on kickstarter failed to reach its target.

Would be cool to replay the game again with enhanced graphics. I've got too may newer games to enjoy at the moment though, and would only get this sometime in the future.

Did anyone play the GBA remake of Wings a few years back? That was good.

However, rather then all these enhanced graphics remakes, which in my view is really just a cash in on an old franchise because the gameplay and content isn't actually any different, why don't some developers actually get off their bums and develop true sequels to these classic titles? Just imagine how great a proper Wings 2 on modern hardware could be!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    wings was such a nice game.
    Wings 2? ... i found this:

Wings 2 Aces high
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wings_2:_Aces_High
    Never heard of it... it was for SNES, i guess is not a true sequel...(?)
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never was into Wings, didn't like it, have to mention that I don't like this kind of games.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Wings 2 Aces high
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wings_2:_Aces_High
    Never heard of it... it was for SNES, i guess is not a true sequel...(?)
    That's interesting. I knew of Blazing Skies but didn't know it was called Wings in the US.

Regarding Wings. I remember the first time I got hold of the game and being worried that it was just another hard to control WW flight sim, but as soon as I booted it up I was hooked. I loved the mix of gaming styles used, with full 3D flight sim style dog fighting and balloon popping runs, overhead bombing raids, and the isometric shooting sections. Great fun. And made even greater by the narrative journal between each mission.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to a comment from Cinemaware I saw somewhere, I think it was in the Youtube comments for the kickstarter video, Wings 2 had little to do with the original. Cinemaware wasn't in business anymore when it was released, and apparently they just took and used the name.

This remake doesn't really look like much at the moment to be honest, and it didn't last time around either. I'd get it, but mostly for reasons of nostalgia. For most people who don't know the game this can't look very exciting. The graphics isn't all that and unless they veer a lot from the original the gameplay will be much too monotone and simplistic for today's gamers. Even if the kickstarter succeeds I think this will probably fail commercially. I pledged at a low tier though, so will be seeing how it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    According to a comment from Cinemaware I saw somewhere, I think it was in the Youtube comments for the kickstarter video, Wings 2 had little to do with the original. Cinemaware wasn't in business anymore when it was released, and apparently they just took and used the name.
    That is quite correct. They took the just the Name But right now, we also got the rights for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    This remake doesn't really look like much at the moment to be honest, and it didn't last time around either. I'd get it, but mostly for reasons of nostalgia. For most people who don't know the game this can't look very exciting. The graphics isn't all that and unless they veer a lot from the original the gameplay will be much too monotone and simplistic for today's gamers. Even if the kickstarter succeeds I think this will probably fail commercially. I pledged at a low tier though, so will be seeing how it goes.
    Thanks for your pledge, we really appreciate that. We are also aware of our target group and also realistic about our goals, so that is also the reason why the goal is not as high as the last campaign.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the previous kickstarter Cinemaware announced an AmigaOS 4.1 port as well (probably by giving the sources to a team to port it to AmigaOS 4.1). Is this still valid for Amiga users?
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Downloads
    Uploads
    The MacVersion is a StretchGoal for 95k. It also includes to prepare the Code for port to Linux and AmigaOS for a team. Its only 10k higher than the goal.