Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just try Mark of the Ninja

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If they can achieve it with a plain A500 with 1MB RAM, then probably will do.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I never took seriously any Official Trailer from any game or even movie. But with todays technology, every game seems brilliant with marvellous graphics and crystal and clear DR sound, but what about gameplay, which is the most critical element for any game? Don't call me wrong, but the remake of SuperFrog HD was really bad.

Also it seems that most developers seem to run out of unique ideas, and they trying to remake old goldie games from the past; it's like music, most songs nowadays are remakes or remixes whatever of old nice songs.

As for Flashback, which is still one of my favourite platform game, the Amiga version has still the best character-animation from any other game, I really doubt that the new remake (or any remake) will make my jaw touch the floor now, as before one or two decades.
    Yes Phantom, I understand exactly what you mean, particularly the animation of the character. It's the same as trying to play Pinball Fantasies on WinUAE.

It just doesn't scroll smoothly at all.

Only Amiga makes it possible.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    Only Amiga makes it possible.
    Amen...
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is very true that you just can't emulate some things that were originally only made possible through hardware design.

Parallex scrolling on the Amiga, and most other 2D sprite based 16-bit systems of the time don't quite look right emulated either.

And look at multitasking.. no OS can still achieve pre-emptive multitasking in such a smooth way with minimal resource use. And I still don't think I've ever seen anything else that can stack screens of different resolutions multitasking behind each other. It is such a shame we will probably never see a true implementation of Amiga multi tasking on a multicore CPU environment.

BTW, what was the Amiga game that managed to utilise the screens in different resolutions and managed to create a split screen with a different resolution top and bottom?

Today's coders really don't have the skills or push hardware anything like our beloved Amiga was, and still is in the Demoscene.
    Last edited by Harrison; 9th September 2013 at 22:10.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Flashback remake got btw quite bad reviews on IGN.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many reviews are panning it because they are approaching the reviews in completely the wrong way. I've yet to play it myself, but have enough credit in my Xbox account so might get it soon.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't know you have an 360?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, for quite some time now. Bought a 250GB slim to play the few exclusives (especially Forza 4) that I couldn't get on any other platform.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Resurrecting a very old topic. Did anyone ever play this new Shadow of the Beast on PS4?

It was included free with PS Now (now called PS Plus Extra) and I tried it out some time ago now. And I'm so glad I never purchased it. I gave up fairly quickly because the controls were some of the more awkward I've ever used in a platform game. Just felt like you were fighting them, rather then the game. Shame as SOTB3 is still one of my favourite platformer on the Amiga and I really hope this would build on that.

As for the Flashback remake mentioned here also, that remake was actually really good. Never played it right though though. I got through the first few levels to where you start having to take jobs, but never continued. It has that nice feature where you can switch between classic and modern graphics.

The other that did that was the Another World remake. That was a very nice release and a game I had forgotten how hard and unforgiving it was. I remember when originally playing it I played through it quite fast. With the remake I was even finding it hard to get past the first monster!