Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I assume flat rate is a monthly fixed rate contract over a set term of 12 to 24 months?
    Exactly.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it yesterday, nice little toy. To my surprise I even got the P5100 instead of the P5110, the P5100 having WiFi and 3G, and which costs 330€ at Amazon. So I made an even better deal

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's still running Android 4.0.3, Ice Cream Sandwich, to update to the latest Jelly Bean, I would need to root it. But I have problems finding out if my tab is factory locked or not?

EDIT: Don't get it to work, tried now for over 2 hours. The method with Odin fails, as there's no way I can make Odin recognize my tab when in download mode, it recognises it fine when in normal mode. Don't know about the Clockworkmod, information is quite sparse, so I don't dare to try it out.

Btw, I needed also some time to get the tab in USB debugging mode, as developer settings were made invisible from 4.0 on. You have to go to your settings, to the about tab, and then tap 7 times contineously on the "built" word. Then you will get the developer settings. Quite strange.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 4th July 2013 at 19:20.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried now connecting it at the PC at work (XP), still the same problem, Odin recognizes the tablet, but once in download mode, it doesn't find it anymore. Impossible like that to root. Didn't find another way yet.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you force the tablet into download mode?

First load Odin.exe on the PC, but don't connect the table to the PC yet.

Restart the table and hold down the right volume up button and the power button until a yellow sign appears. When it does, press the left volume down button to enter download mode.

Only after doing this then connect it to the PC vis USB cable.

Odin should now display an "added" message and ID:com is going to be yellow. This means the device is connected successfully. If no message appears then reinstall the drivers.

Next tap the button that says RDA in Odin and search for the CF-Auto-Root.tar.md5 file on your PC (if you are using this method). Don't touch anything else in Odin, but make sure the Re-partition check box is unticked.

Now click the Start button and begin the installation. Once complete you should see a "pass" message after the tablet reboots.

If you get a FAIL message during the root update, or it freezes, open the tablet and take the battery out, and then back in to make it boot again. And try again.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    Did you force the tablet into download mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner
    Odin recognizes the tablet, but once in download mode, it doesn't find it anymore.
    Like I mentioned before, that's exactly what I'm trying to do, but I already fail with Odin recognizing my tablet in download mode.

I think download mode is, holding power + volume down, and then pressing volume up, and not the other way around like you said. Although I have no yellow sign showing up (think it also says "recovery mode", and not "download mode"). Then I get a menu where I can chose between 5 things, like rebooting, installing from external memory card aso. Then I plug it in via USB, but Odin doesn't then recognize it at all, that's where I'm stuck all the time. Drivers are installed correctly, I even installed Kies to test, and it works fine.

EDIT: Got it now, like the faqs I read, they said, power + volume down, and that's actually "recovery mode". I didn't read that it should be done the other way around, but I tried now, and I'm in "download mode" now. Gonna try to root, wish me luck!!

EDIT2: Got it rooted, have the SU app on it. Wanted to download the ROM Manager to install CyanogenMod, it also downloads the Manager, but doesn't install it. So I tried to install it from external SD card, and the verify of the file always fails "E:failed to verify whole-file signature". Tried with 2 different files, RCs.

Anyway, so far nothing changed, have SU, but still Android 4.0.3 and the evil TouchWiz.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 10th July 2013 at 01:37.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Works fine now, I just put official 4.1.2 FW on it, then rooted it and installed Clockmod recovery. I won't put now any custom FW on it, because at the moment I like it like this. I removed the widgets from the front page, added a very nice looking active wallpaper, and organized my apps a bit.

I also installed a modded Google Play Store, so I don't need to patch the games anymore with Lucky Patcher. I just installed Final Fantasy III and Chaos Rings, and they both just work fine.

Encountered another problem though whilst updating to 4.1.2, when I checked the data usage, it showed me that my tablet only has 2GB, and not 16GB. Apparently that happens sometimes. I download then a .pit file, the correct one with 16GB, and installed it via Odin, with the re-partition option checked. After that, it showed me again my 16GB.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great that you finally got it to work. What do you think of Android 4.1?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never really used other Android devices, besides my JXD, where I think it doesn't matter at all which OS it has running, as long as it works. My HTC also has Android, but I never updated it, it's still on 2.3.5.

But it seems to work quite nice on the tablet I think.