Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did that initially at our rented cottage last year using a Billion 7800N router in bridge mode, so in effect it creates a second bridged network. The downside of this kind of setup to that it is seen as 2 separate LANs and Wi-Fi gear can get a bit confused moving between the 2 zones. I didn't find it very fast or that reliable so purchased the power lan adapters. So much easier and at the time I was getting about 55Mb/s directly at the router via ethernet, and only just under that using the power supply lan adapters. I highly recommend you get a couple if you see them on offer. It makes a huge difference.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I did that initially at our rented cottage last year using a Billion 7800N router in bridge mode, so in effect it creates a second bridged network. The downside of this kind of setup to that it is seen as 2 separate LANs and Wi-Fi gear can get a bit confused moving between the 2 zones. I didn't find it very fast or that reliable so purchased the power lan adapters. So much easier and at the time I was getting about 55Mb/s directly at the router via ethernet, and only just under that using the power supply lan adapters. I highly recommend you get a couple if you see them on offer. It makes a huge difference.
    As an average, (file-size depending) 55Mb/sec is about as good as you get in real terms on a hard wired Gigabit Network Harrison. That's not to shabby at all for wireless, aside from the increase in Latency & the polling of course.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.