Anyone a Sega Megadrive (Genesis) fan?

I've never owned a Sega Megadrive, not really being interested in them at the time (due to owning an Amiga and SNES), but there are a few games that always interested me, and later owning a Dreamcast I got interested in a few of the games in the Sega series.

I've now got the change to buy an MD Everdrive, and I've just got hold of a UK PAL Megadrive which is multi-region and 50/60Hz switchable via the reset button. Already have the Megadrive, and just waiting for the Everdrive.

So what games should I try? What are your favourites? Any genre.

Is it true that the Megadrive had a lot more sports games than other systems at the time?

And what about the MegaCD and 32X? I'm interested in a few of the 32X games, especially to try out Star Wars, but I'm not so bothered about the MegaCD. I also think you can run 32X games on the Everdrive, so it would definitely be worth getting hold of one.

BTW, did you know that the only reason it was called Genesis instead of Megadrive in the USA was because Sega couldn't secure rights to the name. It was known as the Megadrive everywhere else.