Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally agree. Is really weird looking with the frog like indicator and side light lenses on the top of the wings and the main headlights really down low. Looks bug eyed. And a silly small boot too. I can only just fit Tom's push chair in there, and nothing else will fit, so I have to use one of the back seats to put everything else that is normally in my boot. Mad!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Sorry but what is "protected no claims" ? Is that kind of insurance that protects you against all situations?
    Here you have, insurance for others, covers other cars but not your one, all insurance against all risks, that includes other cars and your one.
    I guess protected no claims is this last one.
    In the UK we have Third Party insurance that only covers you against damage to other cars, not your own. And fully comprehensive insurance which covers your own car regardless of the type of damage caused.

No Claims bonus is for the number of years you have held car insurance without claiming on it. The more years you have the more discount you can get off of the price of the insurance. A Protected no claims bonus means your accumulated years of No Claims Bonus is protected, so even if you have an accident you don't loose it. If you don't have it protected, when you have an accident you lose some or all of your no claims bonus, meaning your next insurance will be really expensive.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's nothing wrong with getting discounts for no claims, but does having protection against it not kind of defeat the point of a no claims bonus?

Does the protection cost extra?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Looks like my car could be a write-off

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    There's nothing wrong with getting discounts for no claims, but does having protection against it not kind of defeat the point of a no claims bonus?

Does the protection cost extra?
    Yes, of course.

My insurance run a strike system, so even if it's protected, if you keep having accidents then you will get strikes against you and eventually lose your protection and bonus.

However, if the claim resolves in your favour and the third party is found to be of blame, then the bonus would be reinstated as it was a non fault loss.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Then, is quite similar here, names are a bit different, but it is the same.
    My main problem is to decide what to have as insurance. I have my driving license since 1998 and never used the insurance. all this years paying
    the "fully comprehensive insurance" and never used. If same day i change it to "Third Party insurance" i am sure i will have a accident the day after
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope it all goes smoothly with your insurance and its lucky no one was hurt. I once claimed minor bump (my fault) and my full no claims dropped back to 40% from 65% wasn't to bad Which I just offset by doing the comparison web-sites for a couple of years taking the cheapest quote and I'm now back with the original insurance company

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Looks like my car could be a write-off

@Tiago

Not sure if is the same, but I found that after I had been driving for a few years and built up some no claims bonus the difference in price between third party and fully comprehensive wasn't that much.

It also depends on the age of the car. My last car was a 1998 Peugeot 406 2.0 Turbo that was quite fast but due to the age of the car I was paying under £200 a year for insurance. When I changed it for my current car, which is a 407 2.0 HDi the insurance doubled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks the same. I am sure the main difference is the speed you close the problem in UK when you have an accident.
    Here... sometimes took a lot of time. insurance talk to each other, they send someone to check the car, then an inspection, then something else, then papers, then bla bla bla bla..... but it depends from company to company, and what type of insurance. when is a"fully comprehensive insurance" they solve it much more faster. But a third party.... and if there is mores then 3 cars involved.... omg....
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My car is now officially written off!

Now to wait for the insurance company to sort out the valuation and see what their first offer is.

I'm tempted to get the same car again, but the SW estate version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear you are okay. Sure, it's a pile of hassle to deal with but at least you are comprehensively covered.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.