Thread: Destiny

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Destiny

Did anyone hear about this yet? Looks very promising, apparently it will be more than just an MMO. Developed by Bungie combined with Activision.

Set in the distant future, Destiny casts players as Guardians of the last city on Earth, who will traverse the ancient ruins of our solar system from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Able to wield incredible power, players must battle humanity’s enemies and reclaim all that was lost during the collapse of mankind’s Golden Age. In a story-driven universe, Destiny’s saga unfolds through grand tales and sweeping adventures by immersing gamers in a bold new world filled with cooperative, competitive, public, and social activities, all seamlessly connected. Bungie’s new next-generation game engine will allow Destiny to come to life on both the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, as well as other future console platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Ryan
    “Destiny is the game that we’ve been dreaming of building for years. We couldn’t be more pleased about our extraordinary collaboration with Activision. We finally have the right partner, team and technology to bring the experience to millions of players worldwide,” saidHarold Ryan, Bungie president. “Destiny will draw players into a world filled with mystery, action, and adventure, but most importantly, Destiny is more than a disc in a drive, it is a living social universe filled with other players.”
    Reveal trailer HERE.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, not until I read your link here. Story line looks good, but then it's all about game play for me, whatever the genre & Halo being where they have been before, concerns me they will be aiming this @ the console industry over the PC side of things. Time will tell I guess. Thank's for the heads up.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I watched the extended demo of this during the Sony PS4 announcement event last night. Looks really nice from the footage, but it definitely looks very similar to Halo in terms of design and gameplay. That isn't a bad thing if you like that style of gameplay.

Also worth noting is that Bungie are designing this game for the PS4! I bet M$ are a little annoyed they don't have this as an exclusive for their next console. It will also be available on the PS3 and I think possibly the 360, but the PS4 version will be focused on more with exclusive content.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a big fan of Halo.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I loved the first Halo, but lost interest after buying the second game. It got a bit boring and all the same.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!