Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Classic Amiga is Bugged to bits for me??

I bet console coders are not sticking to the guidelines either though, and directly to the hardware to get more from the hardware.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I bet console coders are not sticking to the guidelines either though, and directly to the hardware to get more from the hardware.
    Absolutely fella. Much like Sony pulled the Emotion Chip from their later PS3 abortions. Really bugs the cr4p out of me tbh, even more so with the MOD Chip fracas over their entire range. PS3 is shut down entirely, though I do have 3 brand new MOD chips for the PS3 kicking about here somewhere or was it the PS2!? - Age, fading mind, too much JD & Coke over the years, Silver hairs etc.... Just wtf did I do with them??
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whilst from the "consumers" perspective, being able to stick a mod chip in a console and run whatever you "acquire" is brilliant, from a developer and manufacturer perspective Sony has done a brilliant job this generation at securing and maintaining the integrity of their hardware.

Yes, the PS3's OS kernel did eventually get hacked and its secrets (master key) unravelled, but you still need dedication and lots of spare time to bother hacking a PS3 with custom firmware to allow it to run "acquired" games. Plus a PS3 on a pretty old firmware compared to current releases.

I agree it wasn't great that Sony pulled the Emotion Engine Chip from non Japanese first wave PS3's, replacing it with a software emulated one, and then even removing that along with the ability to run a second OS. But it's easy to see that they removed the chip to cut manufacturing costs, and probably removed the second OS ability to free up firmware space, but also to lock the system down more because the threat of hackers using a Linux distro to break into the core PS3 firmware was a possibility.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dave , i think we had this discussion on AmiBay many Moons ago:

Sony:

Steaming pile of Shi.........

....pimp mode on....

The MOD Chips I have are definitely Modbo 760 PS2 affairs. - Anyone interested after my pictorial description? £5.00 + P&P a time. - 3 of them available, still Anti-Static sealed.

....pimp mode off....
    Last edited by Kin Hell; 7th March 2013 at 10:28.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.