Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Grab Windows 8 Pro for only £24.99

Until the 31st January you can grab yourself a copy of Windows 8 Pro for just £24.99.

As long as you have a legal copy of Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 you can use this upgrade.

Go Here to get started.

You can use a product code from an old laptop or Windows install CD. Most people have at least one from an old laptop. Even if you don't have a physical install CD you will have the product key on a sticker on the hardware. I used an old XP product key from a broken laptop I have here and it worked fine.

When purchasing this you have to use the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant. It assesses your current system to see if it can run Windows 8, so bast to run it on a PC you either intend to install it on, or you know will pass the test. Once tested it asks what you will wish to keep after the upgrade. Select "none" and you can then make the program download the Win 8 installer. Once that finishes you can select to make a DVD ISO to burn or copy the installation files to a USB flash drive.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard folk were getting this & floppin it over a hooky version of Windows 7, making their puters legally licensed?

One should by asking why it's for sale at a price similar to 4 packs of Andrex Family Sized toilet paper? I'm convinced you'd need at least thirteen-dozen packs of Family Andrex to deal with it tbh.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It definitely isn't for more serious use. I've been "attempted" to like Windows 8 recently, after taking a huge dislike to it in beta, but I just can't do it. It will never be my main OS as I think M$ have made a huge mistake creating a single OS for use in both touch and keyboard/mouse based environments. Apple have been heading the same way recently with OSX and their users don't like the direction either.

If they are not careful they will have to branch the OSs again like Win9x and NT years ago, so we have one for consumers and one for business. Something I don't want to see as I like the fact we have been able to do serious things and then load up a game within the same environment. M$ should revert to Windows 7, with Metro/Win8 as an optional touch additional area to use as and when needed, as WMC has been for years.
    Last edited by Harrison; 28th January 2013 at 16:03.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aye. Just when things start to go right, M$ have this uncanny nack of screwing it all up.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.