Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shonnay i only saw snow like that in Swissland in 2011. Me and my girlfriend went to the mountains in engelberg-titlis we went to +/- 3000 metters
    and we had some snow like that, it was the only time we saw. We have a mountain in Portugal with 2000m and in winter we have snow, but the times i went there it was more ice then snow, not that nice white snow.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Worst snow I saw was when my wife decided to go to New York for the week with her best friend a few years ago. It was the worst snow they had in 100 years when they arrived. The first norming they woke up in their hotel room about 4 feet of snow had fallen that night. The photos she took were mad. If I can find some of them I will upload them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm already used to go to Finland around Christmas time in December, or in February, and they always have at least 1m of snow from October until March, very different from here. But it really looks nice, and all the BIG lakes are even frozen, looks like a snow tundra.

Here's f.ex. my girlfriend's parent's house (in Lahnaniemi) in February 2010:

And here some pictures taken in Vantaa (Helsinki suburb) in March 2012:

Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 18th January 2013 at 15:17.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ Shoonz

Yeah, I remember seeing some of those pics back in the AmiBay days.....

At the time of posting, the wind has stopped along with the rain, but it looks quite misty now & is quite cold. Our local weather is suggesting St. Austell could see some snow. Pretty much, all high ground from us to the East & north of, is suppose to see some snow of some kind. Blizzards are predicted for most Moorland areas, where drifting could be severe....

@ Demon Cleaner

Fantastic pics there m8y.
    Last edited by Kin Hell; 18th January 2013 at 16:47.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    News just said we might get another 10-15cms tonight and tomorrow.

It's been snowing on and off all day and the roads have been quite bad in West Sussex, although the A27 and M27 have been quite clear from Chichester through to Southampton, so they have been clearing that quite well, just not any other roads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    News just said we might get another 10-15cms tonight and tomorrow.

It's been snowing on and off all day and the roads have been quite bad in West Sussex, although the A27 and M27 have been quite clear from Chichester through to Southampton, so they have been clearing that quite well, just not any other roads.

It stopped raining last night, though we are supposed to be having showers this weekend and further rain from Monday next week. It just feels like it's on the brink of snowing with the chill in the air.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Anyone have snow today?

Oh, wow! Happy to see you Charles!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow too Arnljot. Never thought I'd see you posting over here. Good to see you again. See PM for new contact deets.

Still no snow down here. 2 DegC yesterday all day, 0 DegC last night and now this morning. Had to take Deb to work today as her battery was dead. Bloody Rovers. - Not much point going back to bed now.

More rain heading our way today & tomorrow. Could be interesting with near to freezing conditions. It appears everyone West & North West of Cornwall is having a real bad time with it all.

Hows things in your neck of the woods Dave?
    Last edited by Kin Hell; 21st January 2013 at 05:17.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The snow still hasn't melted here yet. The roads are clear though so that's good. Pavements are quite bad with compacted snow forming sheet ice over them, so not good for OAPs needing to get out. They never seem to grit/salt the pavements around here.

It was snowing all day yesterday but very fine and didn't really add much more. We drove to Southsea to see how tthe roads were and there were not many people about.

My wife's school in Horsham has decided to close for the day, so she is home with the day off. Better to be safe than sorry where young children are concerned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I see there are loads of Schools are closing due to the bad weather. Debs car has been ok since I jumped it from the VR6 but this Rover 75 she has will flatten the battery again in due course. It's totally random yet the Battery is only 12 months old & the Alternator charge is spot on. Just Rover for ya!

This morning, it took deb half an hour to de-ice the car. We had thunder & lightning last night, rain & sleet & then it froze. I mean, wtf with the thunder & lightning when its Zero DegC and below? Crazy weather down here but thankfully, no snow for St. Austell. Down West of us, Four Lanes had 2" of snow yesterday with Helston, Redruth, Camborne, Falmouth, Truro, St Ives and Penzance seeing some reall heavy falls. Truro is only 16 miles further West of us here. Luxulyan is about 3 miles from here (just past the Eden Project) and they have had snow. It's raining in St. Austell today with Ice still on the ground.