Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

fan of CLASSIC AMIGA

Iam a fan of CLASSIC AMIGA.I requested the readers who are the fans of the dame community to reply for a question that how can I transfer AMIGA hard disk ti PC hard disk? those who know the steps can willingly reply me.

thanks in advance for those who reply.(will be rewarded)
    [url="http://about.infocrystals.com/network_management.asp"]Network Management [/url]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello thomking and welcome to classicamiga.

There are a few different ways you can transfer the information from an Amiga harddrive to a PC harddrive. But the easiest is to use a PC.

For this you will need to use the PC emulator WinUAE. The instructions I give you on how to do this will depend on how familiar you are with this emulator. Here are the basic steps you would need to do this, but please ask if you need a more detailed guide:

1, Basically you will need to connect your Amiga harddrive to your PC's IDE interface and make sure it is recognised and working (obviously Windows will not be able to read the drive itself).

2, Once this is done, boot into Windows. Create a directory anywhere on your PC harddrive with enough space to store the contents of your Amiga's HD.

3, Start WinUAE. Set the emulator up as an A1200 Workbench 3.1 system and place a Workbench 3.1 adf in the DF0: drive.

4, Next go to the Harddrive section of WinUAE and you should now be able to select the real Amiga harddrive in your PC and mount it as a harddrive for WinUAE to use. So add the real Amiga Harddrive to the list of drives in the WinUAE harddrive section. Next add the directory you created on the PC as another harddrive.

5, Once this is done start the emulator and wait for it to boot into Workbench. If all went OK you should now see the harddrive icon for the real Amiga harddrive and the icon for the directory on the PC you mounted as a harddrive.

6, You can now copy the contents from the real Amiga harddrive to the PC directory. Once this is complete you will have a complete copy of the Amiga harddrive on the PC in this directory that you can backup to CD/DVD and also use with WinUAE.

I hope that all made sense. As I said if you need a more detailed guide on any of these steps then please ask and I will create some screenshots of the process for you to follow.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow , thanks for your reply it is really useful
    [url="http://about.infocrystals.com/network_management.asp"]Network Management [/url]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are welcome. Let me know if you need any more detailed help with this.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ya sure!