I've been looking at a couple of Kickstarter projects lately and thought I could mention some interesting ones here if you haven't allready heard of them.

Just announced today is GODUS. This is Peter Molyneux and his team at 22cans who is looking at reimagining Populous. He feels nobody has really been able to recreate the magic of that game, so now he's going to try for himself. Needs £450,000. Too early to tell if this is going to succeed, but my bet is that it will.

A company called Retro Fusion wants to make The History of Ocean Software. This will be a book detailing the history of Ocean. It will of course include input and anecdotes from a lot of the people involved with Ocean and other major developers at the time. Full Colour and high production values is promised. If you like your videogame history, this looks like something worth having. Has raised almost £5,000 of its £12,000 goal with over 20 days to go. With a good push towards the end this one has a good chance.

Amiga game musician Allister Brimble wants to remake most of his classic Amiga themes and release them on a double album called The Amiga Works. These will be proper high quality productions, not just some quick remakes like the ones musicians like this sometimes make just for fun. If you don't know much of Allister Brimble's work, he worked for several developers either as an employee or freelance in the Amiga days, most notably Storm, Codemasters and Team 17. He created a lot of music for their titles, which include the Body Blows games, Superfrog, Full Contact, Assassin, the Alien Breed series, Overdrive, Indy Heat, Several Dizzy games, Project-X, Troddlers and many more. These are just examples, there is no finalised tracklist yet. Pledge high enough (£40) and you will also receive a USB stick with all the original mod-files and many of the sound effects like speech samples from Alien Breed. It will also contain a number of ringtones created from the original music and effects. The goal is £13,000. With over £9,000 collected and with over 40 days to go this one is a certainty.

Will keep posting interesting projects in this topic as I come across them.