From Bedrooms To Billions is a two-hour documentary about the UK games development scene, how it started and how it got where it is today. Lots of the old C64, Spectrum and BBC classics will be covered and it will feature interviews with a great number of legends like Matthew Smith (Manic Miner), Jon Hare (Sensible Software), David Braben (Elite), Rob Hubbard (famed C64 musician), David Darling (Codemasters founder), Julian Rignall (Zzap!64 reviewer), Martin Galway (another legenday C64 composer), Jeff Minter (oh come on, you know who this is), Dave Perry (this too), just to name a few. This kickstarter is a little shady in my book. You see, this project was allready successfully funded on another crowd-funding site indiegogo.com. They chose that site then because Kickstarter was only open to US-based companies, until recently. Anyway, this new crowd-funding drive is for improved post-production apparently. The documentary is by and large finished, all interviews have been made and so on. But in its current state it would only be two hours of talking heads. With this extra money they can add some proper music (by old legends), graphics work and make the whole thing more interesting. I allready funded it on indiegogo, so won't be backing this one (that soundtrack option sure looks nice though). Their goal of £18,000 has allready been met, so no worries there at least.

Another that's made waves today is Torment: Tides of Numenera. This is a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment. It is not a direct sequel, but a new game with new characters in a new setting. So it won't be a D&D Planescape game. Otherwise this new game will stay true to the original's roots by having a large focus on making a high quality, thought provoking story with rich dialouge. It is being developed by Inxile Entertainment with Brian Fargo in the lead. They have many of the original team leads back, and I think Chris Avellone is involved. Mark Morgan is back doing the music. Several writers of the original story are returning. This looks promising indeed. They're asking for $900,000. The kickstarter was launched four hours ago, and they're passing $700,000 literally as I'm writing this. This one will probably set a new kickstarter record, the current one being held by Project Eternity which was just a few thousand dollars shy of hitting $4,000,000. (Project Eternity is another spiritual successor to old-school RPG's, Baldur's Gate in this case. Has also much of the original team back. Looks like this is a popular theme, allright.)