Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any new PC games you are looking forward to?

Are there any recently released or soon to be released PC games you have been looking forward to?

I've just got Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams from GOG.com (cheaper than Steam and no DRM, plus lots of extras). Very nice platformer with great visuals, but keeping the traditional platformer gameplay. Not played it beyond a quite test yet but looks good. Anyone else bought this yet?

A new updated version of Games Workshop's Blood Bowl, Chaos Edition, was also released recently so I updated my game to this new one. Adds more arenas, more races to play etc... not had chance to actually play the new version yet though. Existing owners got a huge discount for upgrading though.

Also recently grabbed the (finally ported) PC version of Dark Souls: prepare to Die Edition. Got it at a really good price from Play-sc.com. Really hard game but also enjoyable if you like your dungeon crawler RPGs and a lot of character options/customisation.

I also pre-ordered Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe edition yesterday. I wasn't going to buy it until later (as I've got a load of games to play), but owners of Battlefield 3 Premium are being offered a 50% discount so I thought I would snap it up. Released in 2 days so hopefully it's OK.

I've also been grabbing loads of recent game deals on the various digital download sites, but most have been collections of existing games just so I have them all digitally for easy access.

Doom 3 BFG edition has also just been released, adding updated visuals and a couple of extra levels. Not sure if I will buy this as I already own the original and its expansion. Might if its on heavily discounted offer later.

Assassin's Creed III is due out on the 31st October. I've still got to complete the last 2 so will leave this until its discounted too.

I am really looking forward to HAЩʞEN. It's due out in December and will be free to play. Looks great fun.

Also due out soon is:

Call of Duty; Black Ops II
    Far Cry 3
    Need for Speed Most Wanted
    FIFA Manager 13
    Hitman Absolution
    Bioshock Infinite
    Lego Lord of the Rings
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
    Aliens Colonial Marines
    Company of Heroes 2
    Tomb Raider
    Legends of Dawn
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist
    Dead Space 3
    Metro Last Light
    Grid 2
    Angry Birds Star Wars

There are a few in that list I'm looking forward to, but most I think I can wait until they get re-released on budget or have special offers. Out of them I'm most interested in Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, Metro Last Light and Grid 2. Angry Birds Star Wars looks fun, though I might get that on Android.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know that I'm not the PC gamer, I only play older titles at work on my laptop, there some nice stuff I have. I just finished Deponia (german adventure) last week, and I now also have the sequel, Chaos auf Deponia, check out the trailer here. It's a very good game, but unfortunately I don't know if you can get it in english?

At home I'm currently (sometimes) playing XCom: Enemy Unknown, which is again very good. I think I'm gonna play more next week, as my girlfriend's mother comes for one week, and she always goes to bed quite early, and sleeps on the couch, thus gaming in the living room isn't possible

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been seeing the Deponia games as a bundle on offer on a couple of sites, but hadn't heard much about it. It's definitely available in English so I wll have to check some trailers out. Always great to get a new adventure game.

I've also been tempted by the new Xcom, but even though I like RTS games I never really got into the original. Might grab a copy once its been out a while.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am looking forward to try:
    Chivalry
    www.chivalrythegame.com it's indie!
    what a nice looking game. FPS in medieval time.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    I am looking forward to try:
    Chivalry
    www.chivalrythegame.com it's indie!
    what a nice looking game. FPS in medieval time.
    Hmmmm. Might give it a look-see when I get some spare time. Massive House renovations under way atm.....
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.