Threaded View

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downsizing retro collection

I've finally decided to downsize my collection of home computers and consoles. I've been considering it for some time as I really don't use most of it all that much, if at all. Many of them are sat on shelves or in their boxes collecting dust for months between uses, and I often find if I want to play a game I can't be bothered to set it all up and just emulate the game. There is also the annoying issues of connecting them to LCD screens and getting a decent image. I would need an XRGB3 or mini to get as close as I want and that is expensive.

I'm keeping consoles that don't have perfect emulation, but other than a SNES and a couple of Amigas most of my older 16-32bit collection is going to be going.

I'm going to just keep an A1200 and maybe CD32 and sell the rest of my Amigas, including the A4000.

STs might also go as emulation is fine for the Ataris.

I will be keeping more recent consoles that can't be emulated perfectly yet. But anything that can be emulated is going... other than the SNES and N64 as I have Everdrives for those which is nicer than emulating.

I'm also downsizing the handhelds as Gameboy and GBA games can be emulated easily on many other handhelds I own.

And then there is all the software. For the Amiga especially I've got a huge amount currently taking up 2 double wardrobes. As I get time I've going to be converting it all into ADFs using my KryoFlux, scanning the labels/boxes/manuals then they can all go too. That is a project I've wanted to complete for a long time anyway.

Anyone else considering downsizing their collections? Or have you already downsized?

I know DC already did. @DC. You miss any of the systems you sold?
    Last edited by Harrison; 22nd October 2012 at 13:29.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!