Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downsizing retro collection

I've finally decided to downsize my collection of home computers and consoles. I've been considering it for some time as I really don't use most of it all that much, if at all. Many of them are sat on shelves or in their boxes collecting dust for months between uses, and I often find if I want to play a game I can't be bothered to set it all up and just emulate the game. There is also the annoying issues of connecting them to LCD screens and getting a decent image. I would need an XRGB3 or mini to get as close as I want and that is expensive.

I'm keeping consoles that don't have perfect emulation, but other than a SNES and a couple of Amigas most of my older 16-32bit collection is going to be going.

I'm going to just keep an A1200 and maybe CD32 and sell the rest of my Amigas, including the A4000.

STs might also go as emulation is fine for the Ataris.

I will be keeping more recent consoles that can't be emulated perfectly yet. But anything that can be emulated is going... other than the SNES and N64 as I have Everdrives for those which is nicer than emulating.

I'm also downsizing the handhelds as Gameboy and GBA games can be emulated easily on many other handhelds I own.

And then there is all the software. For the Amiga especially I've got a huge amount currently taking up 2 double wardrobes. As I get time I've going to be converting it all into ADFs using my KryoFlux, scanning the labels/boxes/manuals then they can all go too. That is a project I've wanted to complete for a long time anyway.

Anyone else considering downsizing their collections? Or have you already downsized?

I know DC already did. @DC. You miss any of the systems you sold?
    Last edited by Harrison; 22nd October 2012 at 14:29.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    @DC. You miss any of the systems you sold?
    Nothing at all. I was not using it anyway since over 10 years, it was like you said, only collecting dust, so I also might just have gotten rid of it.

I only kept my PSX and PS1, PS2 and PS2 slim, GameCube, Dreamcast and my XBox, also because of the reasons you mentioned, there's no real emulation for these systems yet.

Sadely the guy that bought my stuff is not living in the UK But I guess you could still sell stuff to him, if you're fine with sending it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be interested in the GB and GBA games, where are you selling them?
    Previously known as Nerdpower50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A4KD Spec? Could be interested......
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    can you give the ST models/specs ? could be Interested. Also in handhelds.
    Do you have a gameboy or gameboy advance ?
    the best thing is write everything you want to sell....

Is it a space problem....? i guess you have a nice collection, strange to see you downsize it...
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vangar View Post
    I'd be interested in the GB and GBA games, where are you selling them?
    I'm not actively listing anything for sale yet that I've mentioned, other than posting one or 2 systems from time to time on Amibay, here or eBay.

But if interested in the GBs I would be selling the original b/w GB with a flash card and reading/writing device, plus 4 games. And the GBA (original version - no backlight - purple case) with a flash reader and 2 flash carts, plus some original games. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    A4KD Spec? Could be interested......
    A4000D was originally an 030, but upgraded to the standard 040 card. The A3640 is a v3.1 I think and still needs the Caps replaced/reversed, but is working fine at stock 25MHz speed. Full ram (2MB+16MB). KS3.1 chip (which I think I original bought from you Charlie), a GVP SCSI card with full 8MB fast ram installed, IDE CD-RW and 1.3GB IDE HDD, and keyboard.

I've not decided on a price yet so if interested PM me an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    can you give the ST models/specs ? could be Interested. Also in handhelds.
    Do you have a gameboy or gameboy advance ?
    The STs are a standard 520STFM and a 520STE upgraded to 4MB ram, and has 1.62 rom but I also have the 2.06 roms (that are redy to be installed). STFM is loose with mouse. STE is boxed with all polys, inserts, manuals, turbo gaming pack etc. I've also quite a few games to include with them.

As for Gameboys. As mentioned above I've got both the original B/W Gameboy with 4 games and a flash card and reader that will all be bundled together. And an original Purple GBA with a couple of games plus a Flash reader and 2 flash carts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    the best thing is write everything you want to sell....

Is it a space problem....? i guess you have a nice collection, strange to see you downsize it...
    I will be listing everything I'm selling soon. Just not had time yet. My Nintendo 64 Z64 Mr Backup is already listed on here and Amibay for sale and I've currently got an interested buyer.

The reasons are a mixture of things. For most systems I want to sell I don't use. For handhelds I emulate them on newer handhelds. For the STs I tend to emulate more than use the real hardware. And for Amigas I just own too many and never use any of them.

I'm also decluttering. I've got way too much stuff I never use or are constantly moving around to try and fit more stuff in. Magazines for example I'm trying to go digital. New magazines I subscribe to I'm switching over to digital versions from Zinio as I can access the same copy and read them on all my systems and devices, including my Nexus 7 tablet, as well as the PCs and phone. And for games I'm trying to go digital too. Steam has had some great bundles recently so I've been grabbing those meaning a lot of my boxed PC games are now duplicates and can go too.

Will start listing stuff soon.

I'm also going to be donwsizing my Sci-Fi collection a bit, especially Star Wars stuff. Mostly newer 1997+ figures and stuff. I'm focusing more on my vintage 70's and 80's collection these days.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If possible list also some of the ST games you have. Possible interest in them if you like to sell them separatly.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi All
    I also down sized my little lot i got rid off
    2xDragon 32
    2xmega drives
    2xsinclair +2
    2xgba
    2xC=64
    That was october last year to make way for the Amigas.
    as i was not bothered about selling on ebay or amibay my local Chips took them all
    Many Thanks
    Andrew1971
    A600 6gig HDD, 3.1 Rom, ClassicWB GAAE, Pcmcia Adapter to cf.
    A1200 80gig HDD, 3.0 Rom ClassicWB Lite.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you missed any of them?

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Have you missed any of them?
    That's the only question you always have