It's that time again. The HDD space is starting to run out.

I'm blaming it all on Steam this time, and for once not huge emulation rom sets. Although the whole MAME set has continued to grow a lot this year.

Steam had had some great discount offers recently. Whole game series collections, such as this weeks Red Faction collection, then there was the huge QuakeCon bundle. It quickly started to eat up the HDD I've got set aside for game installations. So it looks like another 2TB drive is on the way to be dedicated to games.

So now my main PC will have 7TB! (1TB boot drive + 3x 2TB data, work and game drives).

And my other main systems now have:

My server has 8.5TB (500GB boot drive and 4x 2TB data/media drives).

And the emulation PC has a further 6TB (1TB boot drive and 1x 1TB + 2x 2TB drives for rom file collections).

That totals 21.5TB storage space. Nice. Also have other systems with additional storage, but can't really count that.

So anyone else still having HDD space issues? Or don't you really install much new, or you have acres of space left over for a rainy day? I did have loads of room free until the Steam bundle deals this summer, and I know I don't need to have every game from my Steam account installed at once, but as a lot of them were new purchases its nice to have them available to play.