Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Game deals

Downloads
    Uploads
    Elite Dangerous on Steam - 70% off....

Priced at just under a Dead Fish @ £5.99 https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...ite_Dangerous/

Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just bought the Ultima VII complete edition and the Ultima VIII gold edition on GOG for 2.98€ together. Never really played any of them and even though I have them in some collection I thought that 3€ won't probably hurt my wallet.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've owned the Ultima collection on GOG for some years now (even though I do also own the original boxed games too). 7 is the most iconic game in the series. It saw a lot of expansion packs and had a large world to explore. It did have a slightly odd 3D perspective and awkward mouse driven controls. I've not played most of them for a very long time though. Finished 7 back in the last 90s. 8 was similar but a more normal 3D isometric view, but it wasn't a good as 7.

9 was very different with a full 3D world, with an over the shoulder 3d person pespective more common these days and played quite differently. But 9 would probably be the most playable these days. 7 and 8s mouse pointer controls are very clunky by today's standards. They really should remake 7.

Tempted to try getting them running on the Steam Deck, but I bet the controls would be impossible.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The deck's screen would probably be too small. Not really meant for that kind of games.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Back in the day most were running it in 1024x768 so the Decks resolution is fine and everything should be readable. The issue is more likely the mouse controls that might be too fiddly with the trackpads. Still tempted to test it though. I'm just really into testing any old PC games on the Deck just to see if they will run. I've only had one game so far that failed to run.

But if running on a modern PC there is the program Exult. This runs Ultima 7 in higher resolution and adds a lot of new features and mods, and upgrades the graphics. Well worth using.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    But if running on a modern PC there is the program Exult. This runs Ultima 7 in higher resolution and adds a lot of new features and mods, and upgrades the graphics. Well worth using.
    Thanks for the tip, definitely gonna try that out.

I meant that any handheld including the deck are just too small, even if the screen would be 8K, you just don’t see enough. I need reading glasses anyway.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Thanks for the tip, definitely gonna try that out.

I meant that any handheld including the deck are just too small, even if the screen would be 8K, you just don’t see enough. I need reading glasses anyway.
    Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 8.45.51 am.jpg

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Humble Bundle has a nice games bundle just launched, called Survival Instinct.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/s...nstinct_bundle

Worth the price just for State of Decay 2 and The Long Dark.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, great deal, but I'm not too much into this survival genre, to much micro managing. Played a bit Generation Zero lately, after 5-6 hours I got bored and thought I have better games to play.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Figment and Black Desert are 2 games that are currently completely free on Steam until 9th March 2023.

Figment is an action adventure with a really nice at style.

Black Desert is a JRPG style MMO.

As both are free it's worth adding them to your steam library. Just search in steam and it just lets you add them. Simple.